Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion - are you upgrading?

I wasn't certain in which forum to post this, but found one other Mountain Lion post during my search, so will post here. Mods please move if it would be more appropriate elsewhere.

I'm wondering if any other Mac users are reluctant to upgrade for fear of incompatibilities with software such as avrdude? I suspect the Arduino IDE will run fine in OS X 10.8, but don't know for sure.

To anyone who has made the upgrade, is it working out OK with your AVR software?

Thanks,
Jake

No problems for me with Arduino 1.0.1 and Mountain Lion 10.8

BlueJakester:
I wasn't certain in which forum to post this, but found one other Mountain Lion post during my search, so will post here. Mods please move if it would be more appropriate elsewhere.

I'm wondering if any other Mac users are reluctant to upgrade for fear of incompatibilities with software such as avrdude? I suspect the Arduino IDE will run fine in OS X 10.8, but don't know for sure.

To anyone who has made the upgrade, is it working out OK with your AVR software?

Thanks,
Jake

The first time you start the IDE the OS will tell you that you need to install a JRE. It will go off and do that and then start up the app.

But the FTDI drivers and so on seem to be 64-bit clean, so the installer leaves them alone.

I already had the JRE installed, so I never got that message. Thanks for pointing that out.

UPDATE: I upgraded to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on my MacBook and it has been working fine with Arduino IDE 1.0.1 so far.

Everything looks fine to me using Mountain Lion and Arduino Leonardo.
I installed Arduino AFTER upgrading to Mountain Lion, so of course I had to circumvent the new security mechanism in MacOS (checked their help for the options to do that).
In my installation, the automatic install of JAVA (mentioned above) ran smooth as well.
When I plugged in the LEONARDO MacOS asked if I had some custom drivers for the new Human Interface Device.
I ignored those messages and was able to program LEONARDO using Arduino 1.0.1 without further problems.

So - no need to worry ...