Braille cells with Arduino (UNO or Mega)

I am planning to do a project on braille cells which will have basic functionalities.
For example, instead of number display watch (which already exist actually) why not to do analog display watch. This is just an idea if I can do some basic things I will elaborate later and then do something which will have a social value.

My questions are:

1. Is there any project already done with Braille cells and Arduino (or even Ras Pi)?
  2. Where can I buy Braille cell compatible with Arduino?

Thanks in advance.

Rafamr:
[quote
I am planning to do a project on braille cells which will have basic functionalities.
For example, instead of number display watch (which already exist actually) why not to do analog display watch. This is just an idea if I can do some basic things I will elaborate later and then do something which will have a social value.

My questions are:

1. Is there any project already done with Braille cells and Arduino (or even Ras Pi)?

Thanks in advance.
[/quote

If you click on the little lolly-pop thing in the upper right of the forum screen, you will get the forum search. Type in "braille" and see what your browser search engine returns. There have been several forum threads on your very subject.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:

Rafamr:

My questions are:

Thanks in advance.
[/quote

If you click on the little lolly-pop thing in the upper right of the forum screen, you will get the forum search. Type in "braille" and see what your browser search engine returns. There have been several forum threads on your very subject.

Paul

Thanks, Paul_KD7HB,

Most of the existing posts are too old, so I suspect they may not represent the clear view of current sensors and approaches. The newer posts on braille cells are proof of concept projects where people used led instead of the actual braille cell. From previous projects, I can see that there is braille cell but it require 200V input which is actually insane. So still looking if somebody has good ideas...