Arduino PC Monitor - Opensource

Hi, i have written a simple program using c# that shows respectively CPU usage, GPU usage, Ram in Use, Download Speed,CPU Temperature, GPU Temperature on a 16x2 LCD display through serial port

It uses CPU-Z, GPU-Z to get CPU-GPU Temperatures
You can press the button on arduino to adjust the backlight brightness

If you want you can find the source code (c# Project, Arduino Project) at this link

Let me know if there are bugs

Nice!

That looks very cool! I have always wondered about a project like this :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what to do with the files on your github though, are they visual studio files? Can't see anything for the arduino

Thanks for sharing!

dtokez:
That looks very cool! I have always wondered about a project like this :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what to do with the files on your github though, are they visual studio files? Can't see anything for the arduino

Thanks for sharing!

Yes they are visual studio files.

Here is arduino project

bump

Fantastic! What I've always wanted hehe. However, which are the requirements for it to work? I downloaded the files from the /bin folder and it crashes upon start. I'm at work so I don't have my arduino board here, does it crash because of that?

Thanks a lot for your effort,

geort45:
Fantastic! What I've always wanted hehe. However, which are the requirements for it to work? I downloaded the files from the /bin folder and it crashes upon start. I'm at work so I don't have my arduino board here, does it crash because of that?

Thanks a lot for your effort,

It can't work without arduino attached and some code edit. You have to open project with visual studio and change perfomance counter properties for cpu/ram/network interface with english string (i am italian) and com port here with your arduino com port

port = new SerialPort("COM3", 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);

Hi!

I got home and connected the arduino, I ran both exes (Arduino+PC+Monitor.vshost and Arduino+PC+Monitor) and neither worked, I mean no window ever showed up. Is this normal without editing the code?

Thank you

no it can't work without edit code. if you don't change perfomance counter string to english and your network interface string it won't work you only get exception

Thanks for the info :), I'll check it out on the weekend!

I really love this project, but I just can't get the program to work. When I run the pre-made application all it does is crash. When I try to run it in Visual Studio there's something wrong with the performance counters, "Category does not exist". I found a part where the names were really weird like "Interfaccia di rete" but I don't know if this is something that needs to be fix, it doesn't seem to make a difference what I change the names to.