Need an Arduino Programmer and Developer for pay

I'm working on an Arduino project for an LED textile concept. I can compensate financially.

Please contact if interested.

One more thing, I'm located in Atlanta. Being local would help, but not mandatory.

More details about the project might generate more interest. Are you trying to control 2 LEDs or 200 LEDs? Plain LEDs or RGB LEDs? Individual control or in groups?

What other factors are involved? Wireless? Low power? Interface with PC or standalone?

Audio input?

I am making suits of LEDs. Each suit will have 200 RGB LEDs. The suits will be worn by members in a band. They will have to be controlled wirelessly, and each performers will wear a battery pack. The control will he with a PC.

Hope that helps.

Need more details of how the LEDs are to lit up. Individually? All colors controlled at once? In groups somehow?

Im using LEDS from Bliptronics. Their code allows LEDs to bE controlled individually.

These?

http://bliptronics.com/item.aspx?ItemID=88

Yes

Ok, so back to this question again:
Need more details of how the LEDs are to be lit up. Individually? All colors controlled at once? In groups somehow?

Ok, so back to this question again:
Need more details of how the LEDs are to be lit up. Individually? All colors controlled at once? In groups somehow?

What difference does it make? OP said:

The control will he with a PC.

Therefore, all the Arduino needs to do it listen to the serial port, parse the incoming data, and send that out to the first LED to which the others are daisy-chained.

The PC application to generate the data will be a bitch, but programming the Arduino(s) will be trivial.

Hmm. Interesting little modules, I like the addressing scheme..

as daunting as it sounds at first, using those modules allows for easy wiring and programming, your biggest challenges are going to be sewing all those LED's and wires and then coming up with some interesting patterns for the lightshow. Are you going for a pre-set show or are you looking for it to be reactive somehow?

So he just needs a script that receives a string of serial data, and parse it up for this command?

#include <BLIP_LEDS_SPI_LPD6803.h>

#define NUM_LEDS 200                        // Set the number of LEDs in use here

int counter;
int a;
int b;
int c;

void setup() 
{  
  BL.setLeds(NUM_LEDS);                   // Initialisation functions
  BL.init();                              // SPI interrupt will now send out data to LEDs. This happens in the background, pretty fast.
 blank(); 
Serial.begin(115200);      
}

void loop() 
{
if (Serial.available()>3){
counter = read.serial();
a = read.serial();
b = read.serial();
c = read.serial(); 
BL.setPixel(counter,BL.color(a,b,c));
BL.show();
}
}

Seems like it. Hope he's getting a volume discount, a thousand of the LED modules (didn't he say five band members someplace?) is enough of a purchase that they ought to be willing to work with you on pricing. However, it is going to require a pretty decent amount of power for 600 LEDs per suit (RGBx200). The spec says 60mA each, so your power supply is going to need to be pretty gutsy without weighing a ton.. 200 times 60mA is 12000mA or 12A. That's a pretty good load for any battery.. I wonder if the Super Capacitor jobbies might be good for something like this, or if LiPo or something cheaper is just as good. It's a stage prop and not going be used every day, it hardly needs to be "green" and could use alkalines or whatever. I'd assume the performance times are relatively short, and fresh batteries could be swapped in during song breaks if needed.

How do you envision driving the patterns? Since you are connecting to a PC, I'm assuming there's either a human "lighting operator" or software.. are we talking about a set sequence, or something that is changing on the fly, like in reaction to the music or what have you?