101 curieBLE multiple peripherals

Hallo,

For a project i would like to get data from multiple peripherals (sensors) using one arduino 101 or tinytile. Is this possible? I so can someone show the first steps or a link with an example.

chris

Yes its possible.

You have neglected to mention anything else about your project so your best bet is use the examples for your sensor that may be built in to the IDE or are available by downloading the correct library for that sensor.

the arduino needs to receive data Form multiple Bluetooth speed sensors that will be used for further calculations.

Well that little bit of info would have been useful from the start :wink:
Gone from sensors to Bluetooth sensors !!!

Answer now is "possibly" as each device needs to pair in the first instance.

Once they have all been paired each one needs to connect to send its data then disconnect so that the next can connect.

Again without MUCH MORE info i will stick with "possibly"

I would ask you to read this post carefully and see why I am being careful in my answer.

sorry for the bad explanation.
I will try to give a beter explanation of the project.

The goal of the project is to load data from 8 BLE bike speed sensors into one arduino 101.
This data will then be send to my pc through the USB cable for further calculations in Matlab.
For the project it is important that the delay on the data is not more than a second and no data points are missing. So in the most ideal situation is would like to subscribe for BLE notifications for all 8 sensors.

The quickest way to do what you want is to hard wire all the sensors to the board. That will minimise any delays between sensors having to connect and disconnect.

The next issue would be how long does it have to run continuously as even with 1 seconds between sensors you will be gathering quite a lot of data that at some point needs to be offloaded to leave room for new data.

What sort of bike ?
What sort of sensor ?

Way too many bits of missing information still.

Set out your project "on paper" in stages. then isolate each stage and think about what that stage needs to do right from the moment you are going to apply power to start up.

eg. Apply power
What type of power ?
How long do I need this power ?
Is it sufficient to supply all the sensors and the board ?
Should I use mains power ?
Battery power ?
Solar power ?
Dynamo from the bike ?
If battery what type and capacity ?
Do I need to step up or down the voltage ?

That first stage could have lots more questions that all need answers before moving on to the next stage etc. etc.

The sensors used will be commercially available BLE speed sensors using the standard GATT protocol for speed sensors. Hard wiring is not possible in the intended use (moving bicycles).
Alle UUID's are known of the sensors (could use the same sensors every time).
This only leaves repeated switching between the sensor that is connected as an option. But that is probably not reliable and fast enough.

The only thing I know for sure is that you have a 101 and want to connect some autonomous commercial BT speed sensors (of unknown origin) to it on a bicycle with a very very short connection time and send that data to a PC at a later time.

I don't know if all the senors are all on one bike or how many per bike or if there are multiple bikes.
Hard-wiring a sensor to a 101 is exceptionally possible on a bike and the better option. (as mentioned above)

You haven't mentioned the amount of data likely collected or even if you have tried a single unit.

So sorry but my last request for specifics went unheeded.

Vague descriptions of vague things do nothing to instill confidence in me following up much more.

PLEASE go to the link I provided and PLEASE read the WHOLE of that post so that you get a better idea of what sort of information you need to be giving to anyone else that may follow this topic.

There are 8 bicycles close together all equipped with BLE speed sensors using the official GATT profile for Cycling Speed and Cadence services: UUID 0x1816

The bikes are moving on te road (but close together)
The data is needed in real time one second of delay is no big problem. But missing data point would be something i like to avoid.

The Data that is collected is very small and can be send live or after a few minutes to my pc.

The 8 speed sensors are my main priority later other cycling power, heartrate, etc would be nice to have if connecting to more sensors is possible.

so it is not possible to hard wire 8 reed switches to the arduino.