Saving my Diecimila EEPROM

After almost eight (8) years, I think I am close to exhaust the life of the 512B EEPROM of my Arduino UNO Rev 1 which is part of a 24/7 non-stopping printing system. One of its functions in the system is the storage (log) data of all of the printed pages (~200 cycles/day). A couple of years ago, during a TAM, I extended part of its life by using the 'wear leveling' technique but I believe that the EEPROM- which I have called "sehr-alt-um"- it has only few more months to live. Recently and after various complains, I succeeded in getting a bigger air conditioning unit in the room to lower the temperature (I've learned that the EEPROM failure rate can be dramatically reduced if the operating temperature is reduced and and therefore it extends my EEPROM endurance). Is there something I can do to extend its life 'a bit more' before the beginning of failing or corrupting our printing data? -P.

I thought the Uno had only been around for about four years

As for extending the life of the EEPROM, if it were me, I'd much rather invest a few dollars in a new ATmega328P. Is that out of the question for some reason?

Yep, Jack. You are right. I was wrong. I'm talking about a Diecimila. I didn't have a good view of the board, thus I assumed it. The thing is that the technician that wrote the code is not with us anymore and there is no way to retrieve the program info. I think is a new ongoing project for me to starts with but using may be a UNO R3 like you recommend or a DUE. thanks.

I extended part of its life by using the 'wear leveling' technique

How did you do that if you don't have the sketch ?

Hello Boffin1, Jack.
OK. You won. I give up. I've been away from the bar for some months. I missed you guys so I'm back and wanted to pull some of your legs by make it up the EEPROM story as a way to say Hello! -Sorry for any inconvenience.

Even if you don't have source, the machine code could be dumped from flash and burned to a new chip. Unless you're just kidding in which case we should probably order another round :smiley:

This is not always possible.
There are fuses ("lock bits") to lock the read access to the memories of the MCU, if they were set up, there's no way to make a dump of the memory to flash it on another chip.