Removing posts that violate others' intellectual property rights?

Is there a method or process by which an owner of certain IP can remove or request to be removed, a post that discloses someone else's confidential IP or proprietary information? Or a point of contact at Arduino?

Yes, there's the "report to moderator" control on every single post on the forum.

What's your problem?
(Thanks, retrolefty)

Thanks. I'm hesitant to disclose here, but could you tell me: if I "report to moderator" - what is the process going forward? Thanks again.

One (or more) of us will look at the post (it gets reported to all of us) and the first one to decide that "confidential IP or proprietary information" is indeed being posted will remove it, and/or possibly report it to "The Arduino Team" if further action needs to be taken.

{nods assertively} we're very discreet.

Thank you much. I really appreciate your assistance.

Does the person who has allegedly committed the offence get an opportunity to defend him/herself before action is taken?

This is not the same as removing offensive material where the Moderators can be left to apply their own standards of "taste".

How can the moderators know that the complainant actually owns the IP? Or has any entitlement to make a complaint about the alleged offense?

(For example, I don't think I have any entitlement to make a formal complaint about someone else abusing Microsoft's IP unless the person is trying to involve me in the abuse)

I can't immdeiately think of any reason why there should be any secrecy. If someone owns IP why shouldn't that be public knowledge.

...R

Does the person who has allegedly committed the offence get an opportunity to defend him/herself before action is taken?

Certainly, though any relevant material may be removed temporarily, pending investigation, and vexatious complainants will be thumped, vigorously.

AWOL:
Certainly, though any relevant material may be removed temporarily, pending investigation, and vexatious complainants will be thumped, vigorously.

Glad to hear it.

May I make a strong request that there be full public visibility throughout any process where IP rights are challenged.

For example "XXX has been removed following a complaint from CCC that s/he owns the IP rights to XXX. The person (PPP) who posted the material has been notified and may challenge the complaint. A final decision will be made on DDMMYY."

...R

Still haven't heard from the OP . . .

Probably won't as (s)he/ it is not a contributor.

Paul__B:
Probably won't as (s)he/ it is not a contributor.

Maybe they have content elsewhere which someone has claimed ownership of here. Or possibly posted copyrighted material.