Re: The Stribe Project - Build a Stribe!

That's way cool Phineus! If I had the ime, I'd build me one just to use as a volume slider control on my DAW.

that is VERY interesting, he put soooo much work into that, its hard to believe. look at all the headers, and ic sockets, and all of that stuff, and the touch pads, just how much effort it needed to make all of that. couldent watch the video though, it only plays for 2 seconds and then stops.hmmmm, wounder where i can get them touch pads

couldn't watch the video though, it only plays for 2 seconds and then stops.

Yeah, I had the same problem.

--Phil.

which video won't play? They're all on Youtube, here:

Sometimes youtube videos get stuck and you have to wait a minute for the rest to load...?

works for me now, and it looks awsome tastic...

o yea, and where can i get those touch pads?

spectrasymbol.com

I'll probably have another softpot group-buy coming up soon. They're expensive in small quantities so it makes sense to get people together to get the price down.

please pm me when you are about to purchase, this looks like a must buy...

hmm, also looks like they also offer "samples" are they just like free stuff, just to see how it is, and its all for keeps?

Yes they offer a really cool sample kit. That's how this whole thing got started - with samples from spectrasymbol. ;D

do they offer just samples of evrything like the touch pads n stuff?

If you tell them your application and potential market, they can provide a couple of different samples that will give you an idea. If you want a lot of specific stuff you might have to buy it, and it's expensive in small batches.

If you tell them your application and potential market, they can provide a couple of different samples that will give you an idea. If you want a lot of specific stuff you might have to buy it, and it's expensive in small batches.

Yeah, this is covered in another recent thread--but let's not go there... :slight_smile:

--Phil.

Just trying to get this thread back on track. :wink:

heres a q:

i got a very small touch pad that they send me, and it seems to give me random numbers when i dont press it.
the numbers are pretty random, but usually stay within 200.... how do i make it 0 when i'm not pressing it?

Add a 10k resistor between signal and ground. This will pull the value to 0 when you are not touching it. I had the same problem with my sensors and this solved it. Let me know if it works!

BTW, another run of Stribe kits is now available. I have it listed as 10 kits plus 10 built stribes but it looks like most people are going for kits, though I do have 2 "built" orders so far.

There are 14 left: http://soundwidgets.com/smf/index.php?topic=18.0

Also note I just ordered an aluminum "sandwich" case from BigBlueSaw and soon we should also see an orange plexiglas version. And I'm getting together with a friend later this week to work out a routered butcher-block case, too. So there will be 3 case options pretty soon.

I'm not sure how important the cases are going to be but I suspect more people might be interested in a built stribe or a kit if it has a case.