Error verifying arduino example

I am brand new to the arduino world and having issues getting started. I have downloaded the program and followed the install instructions. I then select the arduino example 'blink', and then verify it. With, or without my board attached I get an error message that I can make no sense of. In need of some help getting off the ground. Any help will be appreciated.

Don't post screenshots of text! That is very unhelpful. When you encounter an error you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar). It is almost never appropriate to post screenshots but in some cases it is helpful to post images. In those cases you should attach and embed the image following these instructions:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=364156

Ugh! It's the dylib error.

Nobody seems to have figured out how to fix it, other than using board manager to downgrade the AVR board package to 1.6.11 (which really sucks, because 1.6.12 introduced an enhancement that reduces the compiled size of sketch by 10~20%, using link-time-optimization (LTO). As you can see, it's choking when it tries to load the LTO module that makes that possible).

Thank you so much for your help! That fixed the problem and now I am on my way.