MIDI Wind Controller

I am currently doing a university project creating a MIDI wind controller in the stye of a harmonica. unlike other wind controllers this requires multiple triggers. i have been looking at using pressure sensors and going into the analog inputs. basically i want to be able to control velocity based on the breath pressure so the harder someone blows the louder it gets. the arduino boards seem to have a maximum number of 16 analog inputs, for this project i think i would need 20.

i am fairly new to this so if anyone can suggest any solutions or better alternatives, it would be much appreciated.

thanks

the arduino boards seem to have a maximum number of 16 analog inputs, for this project i think i would need 20.

So use an analogue switch to multiplex the analogue channels like in this project:-

http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Hardware/MIDI_Footsteps.html

when the output of the multiplexer goes into the analog input on the arduino, will the sensors in the muliplexer be seen as seperate or will it compile all the sensors to send one message.

sorry if that does not make sense

The 20 inputs will be switched in turn to the analogue input. You measure one, send the data, then switch to the next sensor and do the same. Repeat until all sensors have been read then do it again.

In fact you only need send data through MIDI when it has changed.

why not use microphone?
I've seen such implementation based on STM32 microcontroller look here