Simple Evil Spider

Hi all,

this is nothing compared to the other things here; but it's my first project off the breadboard. If someone approaches this spider, the ultra sonic sensor gets the distance and the eyes will begin to glow via PWM.

best regards
Andreas

Nice idea, and cleanly executed... remember, mountains and molehills.. start small and build it up.. whats next?

Thanks! What's next ? I have some ideas:

First replace the 5mm LED in the hollow spider head with two 3mm LEDS (or smaller) directly in the eyes. I think the eyes will glow more clearly.

Then use a servo and more distance sensors, so that the spider turns in direction of a colleague passing by ]:). I wanted this first do with a velociraptor head, and if I find an adequate on, I will do it.

An own shield with a row of LEDs. The sketch is ready and works for LEDs on my breadboard.

Then I want to connect an Arduino with my RP6 robot, perhaps with Wifi or bluetooth.

And in the farther future: a LED cube, something like these interactive lightflowers by ullala, a weather station, ...

And additionally I have to earn some money for life :wink:

best regards
Andreas

Because I cannot upload a video here, I just created a blog: Evil Spider in danimath's blog (no such stuff as in Barney's blog; does Dr. Sheldon Cooper has a blog? ;))

I've created the version 2 of my evil spider by replacing the LED in the head with two LEDs in the eyes. You can see a video, the source code and two photos on my blog. I didn't want to put the close-up photos here, where perhaps arachnophobic people stumble over them :slight_smile: (the photos are at the end of the post, so you can see the video and the source code without being too feared).

best regards
Andreas