Easiest approch?

I am sorry if this is more of a programming question than a project guidance.

About the projcet:
Hallo I'm starting a projcet to sum up all of what I've learned. To make a long story short I'm making a coffe table with an LED intergrated in it (: ...And ofc its running of my arduino. I got what I need, or what I should need, and heading of to the coding!
I want this table to be driven by a computer which uploads to arduino which reads from serial and it saves the picture somehow and display it on the table.

My question:
The problem itself is which would be easiest approch to such. While I know how to send serial over a wifi board and I know how to draw pixels on my wonderful led matrix; I was wondering how you can do the serial reading. I know that serial only reads one byte so to get a coordinatte it may lag a bit on the drawing part or so I assume.
So which would be thte best way to do this:

• Send all coordinates to serial and store them in an array and then draw them?
  • Make some kind of file format where which get sent?
  • Anything else?

I'm making a coffe table with an LED intergrated in it
I want this table to be driven by a computer which uploads to arduino which reads from serial and it saves the picture somehow and display it on the table.

Does "LED" mean a TFT display like a small GLCD or LED 8*8 matrix or bigass flat screen like the size of the table?

What is the source of picture to display? What resolution in pixels are you planning to work with?

Mang GLCD libraries have example routines to read BMP from SD cards and displaying on small screens. One could run an algorithm against the BMP stream to remap to a LED matrix.... This is in theory and the algorithm would need to manage grayscaling too. This concept should work but I know of no example code to bootstrap a prototype.

Your write up does a poor job at describing what you wish to do... No product models, no links, no expectation of costs, ... Etc. You need to be specific.

Ray

That is what I am talking about and the libary can support up to 4 bit coloring o: ...
Seems like I had something I should read up on ^^"