Go Down

Topic: SLAM robot for small 2d mapping (Read 413 times) previous topic - next topic

nikisalli

hi!
i'm working on an hexapod robot and i have a small neato xv-11 lidar.
i want to implement some sort of slam algorithm but i don't want to use a raspberry. i was thinking about using stm32 or nodemcu for their fast clocks. what do you think?
if it is needed i can put a microsd card to save the map while the robot is working (i don't need the saved map).
i was thinking about something like 10cm resolution for the map and the robot is pretty slow too so if the mcu can process a map at 1fps it is ok for me
so are those two microcontrollers enough for this?

PaulS

but i don't want to use a raspberry.
Maybe a strawberry? Watermelon? Cantaloupe? Blueberry? Kiwi?

i was thinking about using stm32 or nodemcu for their fast clocks. what do you think?
Why do you think you need a fast clock?

i was thinking about something like 10cm resolution for the map and the robot is pretty slow too so if the mcu can process a map at 1fps it is ok for me
I was thinking that consistent units would be a good thing. Like parsecs per furlong.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

kenwood120s

Like parsecs per furlong.
But that would be a constant, since both are units of length.

[gumby]I've got my head stuck in the cupboard[/gumby]

nikisalli

Maybe a strawberry? Watermelon? Cantaloupe? Blueberry? Kiwi?
raspberry pi zero
Why do you think you need a fast clock?
because i just searched for people who made similar projects and they use fast processors usually but i don't want to use all that processing power for a small thing
I was thinking that consistent units would be a good thing. Like parsecs per furlong.
nearly 10cm per second.

now is stm32f103 enough for a small mapping algorithm?

Go Up