Go Down

Topic: Advanced crane claw game (Read 358 times) previous topic - next topic

wvmarle

Agreed, much cheaper to buy those China copies directly from China.

Your main challenge is to find out which one is "original" and which one "copy". There are so many manufacturers of often the exact same products! Most of them don't make mistakes in copying the circuits.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

studiopaul

Oct 13, 2017, 04:31 pm Last Edit: Oct 13, 2017, 04:36 pm by studiopaul
Have now changed to Grbl 0.8c appears to be the same issue.

I removed all Stepper motors and DRV8825.

Then I connected just the X motor applied 3 jumper pins under DRV8825.

using the UGS in "machine control" If i hit +X  result  = >>> G91 G0 X1    ok
Motor will wine, grind sound but no movement. = same result as before.

However I'm now noticing if i hit any other axis Y+ Y-  Z+ Z-  I get a hi pitch whine on X stepper, but no grinding sound from X stepper motor.

Is this an indicator of crossed pins incorrect pin send?

studiopaul

Here are the GRBL 0.8c firmware settings

$0=250.000 (x, step/mm)
$1=250.000 (y, step/mm)
$2=250.000 (z, step/mm)
$3=10 (step pulse, usec)
$4=250.000 (default feed, mm/min)
$5=500.000 (default seek, mm/min)
$6=192 (step port invert mask, int:11000000)
$7=25 (step idle delay, msec)
$8=10.000 (acceleration, mm/sec^2)
$9=0.050 (junction deviation, mm)
$10=0.100 (arc, mm/segment)
$11=25 (n-arc correction, int)
$12=3 (n-decimals, int)
$13=0 (report inches, bool)
$14=1 (auto start, bool)
$15=0 (invert step enable, bool)
$16=0 (hard limits, bool)
$17=0 (homing cycle, bool)
$18=0 (homing dir invert mask, int:00000000)
$19=25.000 (homing feed, mm/min)
$20=250.000 (homing seek, mm/min)
$21=100 (homing debounce, msec)
$22=1.000 (homing pull-off, mm)
ok

Robin2

with 2 coils ? one wired in correct polarity and 1st step sequence pulse and then second in reverse polarity 2nd step sequence pulse? would it not cause the stationary buzz?
I don't know is the short answer.

What program are you using on your Arduino?  If I was having the same trouble I would use one of my simple stepper programs (updated to the correct pin references) and stick with that until I got the motor moving as expected.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

studiopaul

Oct 13, 2017, 05:32 pm Last Edit: Oct 13, 2017, 06:46 pm by studiopaul
I tried to give a logical or chronological flow of all the posts so far with descriptive changes,parts and software, revisions etc.., Im not trying to be an ass either as i know certain people here have alienated themselves very quickly..I truly do appreciate any feedback or communication as it will always help me to try new things or move in the correct direction.

Im really wondering if this thread will help many that purchased the CNC shield as a newb its been frustrating.. but a learning experience..Im sure I'm not the first to go through this and definitely not the last.

So heres what I found, the driver V ref was set too high, reducing it and now I have motor movement in both directions.
I can now play around with the settings and learn the programing.

What I plan to do next is to see if all motors work with same set up and investigate further if I can move up to GRBL 0.9

That being said, once I play with it a while.. I want to run this without the need of a computer as I'm not really using this as CNC .. it will be a crane operated by just a 8 way joystick with regular 4 switches on , off..2 pressed at the same time say x+ and y+ both motors move.

I'm wondering if i can load commands into another arduino and interface using usb as UGS does.
but eventually there will be more codes needed to run with timers i mentioned in first post.

Once again thanks for any advice or feedback offered! :)

Update: dropping Vref to 0.700vdc on drivers helped, they are all working nicely.. figure the drivers are about 1.5amps each.
Also much smoother with all 3 jumpers to help the finer steps..

Im running a heavy CNC file on it and testing for heat which seams to be fine,, albeit that there is no mechanical load on the stepper motors!

I hope that this may help others ...now hmmm how i get a form of open UGS into another arduino with sim card reader for loading drawings.. per say or get the arcade joystick to run it in manual mode....fun continues!!!

Go Up