forum search error

[This is probably a YaBB problem, but I'm posting it here because email to webmaster@arduino.cc bounced back: "mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded"]

I got an internal server error (see below) trying to do a search in the forum using Mac OSX 10.5.8 with Safari 4.0.2.

I have done a reasonable amount of testing to try to track this down, and it seems that it occurs when the "Message" box is checked as well as the "Subject" in the "Fields to Search" setting. Sometimes if I reduce the search to less than "(all posts)" or "year" it will succeed, so perhaps it has to do with the volume of searching?

Thanks.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@arduino.cc and
inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might
have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server
error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
Server at www.arduino.cc Port 80

That'll be the crappy forum search function timing out (I think). I always use Google - just stick "site:arduino.cc" in front of your search terms to narrow it down.

e.g. site:arduino.cc direct port manipulation - Google Search

Andrew

It certainly is timing out, I can verify that, since it spins for quite a while before giving up the error message.

Thanks for the tip.

the forum search is terrible. defaults to one week and anything longer times out. also in forum categories you can't tell difference between sections as sub-sections have same name...