how to post/reply to thread ?

I'm logged in and want to post to
Topic: Interface SRAM 23k256 to Arduino Duemilanove
I can not find out how to reply.
How does this work ?

wally

On the right side there is a button for reply, the first on line with few other functions.

This is very messy and confusing forum, functions are dropped around.
Try CTRL-F and type "reply".

By the way, can someone give an answer to this; What the hell is wrong with old good buttons with "Look_Like_a_Button"-style? Microsoft started to "fix" them Office at first, now I don't know what is button and what is just a text!!!

Cheers,
Kari

Kari,

thanks for your answer, but even CTRL F did not find the "reply" button.
only a reply data notice on the top beneath the topic title.
agree with your protest. forum might be more clear.

wally

1 Like

region snapshot

snapshot2.png

Hmm, how is that possible?

Kari

maybe its too old, from old forum or blocked or locked or expired or whatever :slight_smile:

maybe its too old, from old forum or blocked or locked or expired or whatever

The original poster, or a moderator, can lock a thread, preventing any (more) replies to that thread. That looks like what happened here.

PaulS,

i presumed this.
So i will open a new thread.

btw. does anybody still have a working SPI RAM lib ?
I wanted to download SpiRAM2.zip from LichP but this file is empty.

wally

GaryP:
By the way, can someone give an answer to this; What the hell is wrong with old good buttons with "Look_Like_a_Button"-style? Microsoft started to "fix" them Office at first, now I don't know what is button and what is just a text!!!

It's called "annoy the user".

For example, on the top of the forum is white text on a gray background. Some of that text is not a hyperlink (eg. "Logged in as xxxx"). Other words are (eg. "Search").

There are no visual cues (in advance) - you have to mouse-over each word and see if the cursor changes shape.

Further down is black text on a white background (eg. "Arduino Forum") which you can click on. To the right of it, in the exact same font is other text (eg. "( Re: how to post/reply to thread ? )") which you can't click on. Again, you have to mouse-over it slowly to see what is "alive" and what isn't.

What happened to the idea of underlining hyperlinks, eh? Too old-fashioned?

Then at the bottom of topics are the "Reply", "Notify" boxes. These are hyperlinks and they also change colour when you mouse-over them. But the other hyperlinks don't.

In time, you get used to it. But when you consider that if every web site in the world decided to just randomly implement underlines, changing colours, some things are links and some aren't, but you can't tell, well that is just bad user-interface design. Back to school with you.

Exactly! I wouldn't mind if all forums in the world looks like eachother, I just wish I don't need to waste my time to learn the fuzzy logic in them, again and again.
But still, somebody is learning here how to create forums, and what is the better way to do that than use actual users as beta testers. Hey, just like Microsoft does, and makes us pay too.
:expressionless:

In the name of humanity; change the orange color to some more technical, eye-friendly color!!! And get rid of the other eyecandy as well, don't try to integrate too much here! We are just simple end-users!

Cheers,
Kari

completly agree with Kari.
Most users come here to achieve information quick and clear and not to enjoy nice
designs and wasting time get behind artistical new ideas.

A good place for experimental new designs might be the projects homepage.

and btw, i do not agree with statements like "Back to school with you."

wally

wally123:
and btw, i do not agree with statements like "Back to school with you."

Heh, as I don't speak English, I can't understand all meanings for that frase... I should have left that out from the quote.
:blush:

Cheers,
Kari

GaryP:

[quote author=Nick Gammon link=topic=53685.msg384619#msg384619 date=1298875918]
In time, you get used to it. But when you consider that if every web site in the world decided to just randomly implement underlines, changing colours, some things are links and some aren't, but you can't tell, well that is just bad user-interface design. Back to school with you.

Exactly! I wouldn't mind if all forums in the world looks like eachother, I just wish I don't need to waste my time to learn the fuzzy logic in them, again and again.
But still, somebody is learning here how to create forums, and what is the better way to do that than use actual users as beta testers. Hey, just like Microsoft does, and makes us pay too.
:expressionless:

In the name of humanity; change the orange color to some more technical, eye-friendly color!!! And get rid of the other eyecandy as well, don't try to integrate too much here! We are just simple end-users!

Cheers,
Kari
[/quote]
I agree! What is this, an eye doctor's website>? What happened to white background, black text, and blue underlined hyperlinks? Now, to download a file, you have to complete a SURVEY (really? PHISHING SCAM)! Goodbye, internet!