Trouble with the SoftwareSerail.h in Arduino 1.03

I'm getting an error that says that PCMSK and PCICR is not declare in scope of SoftwareSerial.cpp lines 399-403 and lines 417-418

this is code that the arduino compiler point me too in the cpp file

if (digitalPinToPCICR(_receivePin))
        {
           *digitalPinToPCICR(_receivePin) |= _BV(digitalPinToPCICRbit(_receivePin));
           *digitalPinToPCMSK(_receivePin) |= _BV(digitalPinToPCMSKbit(_receivePin));
       }
if (digitalPinToPCMSK(_receivePin))
              *digitalPinToPCMSK(_receivePin) &= ~_BV(digitalPinToPCMSKbit(_receivePin));

Can anyone please help me fix this error? I get this error with the example that came with the Arduino 1.03 software.

Board (or processor)?

I try softwareSerialExample on different computer and had no problems.

Even thou i redownload the program on my computer that has the problems, there was no change in error

In which case you need to remove SoftwareSerial from the {SketchRoot}/libraries/ folder.

the problem started with the arduino 1.02. but
is it possible that old arduino 1.02 corrupt the SoftwareSerial.h in the updated version arduino 1.03?

Did you remove SoftwareSerial from the {SketchRoot}/libraries/ folder?

I remove the softwareSerial.h from the libraries, So what should i do now?

Describe what happens when you try to compile the test program.

if i remove it SoftwareSerial.h from libraries the sketch say that SoftwareSerial.h is no such file or in directory.

#include "SoftwareSerial.h"
void setup(){}
void loop(){}

"sketch_jan08a.ino:1:28: error: SoftwareSerial.h: No such file or directory"

if i comment out the #include <SoftwareSerial.h> in the example SoftwareSerialExample. it says myserial not declared in scope.

here all the errors that the compiler is showing me.

C:\Users\Peter C Cole\Documents\Arduino Program\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp: In member function 'void SoftwareSerial::begin(long int)':
C:\Users\Peter C Cole\Documents\Arduino Program\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:399: error: 'PCICR' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Peter C Cole\Documents\Arduino Program\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:402: error: 'PCMSK2' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Peter C Cole\Documents\Arduino Program\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:402: error: 'PCMSK0' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Peter C Cole\Documents\Arduino Program\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:402: error: 'PCMSK1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Peter C Cole\Documents\Arduino Program\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp: In member function 'void SoftwareSerial::end()':
C:\Users\Peter C Cole\Documents\Arduino Program\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:417: error: 'PCMSK2' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Peter C Cole\Documents\Arduino Program\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:417: error: 'PCMSK0' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Peter C Cole\Documents\Arduino Program\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp:417: error: 'PCMSK1' was not declared in this scope

I guess it's time to start over. Maybe this time you'll answer my questions.

Board (or processor)?

Did you remove SoftwareSerial from the {SketchRoot}/libraries/ folder?

arduino uno atmega 328p, this computer has intel core 2 duo processor

Arduino.PNG

The {SketchRoot} folder is where your sketches are stored. The {SketchRoot} folder is not the arduino-1.0.3 folder. I assume you did not delete the {SketchRoot}/libraries/SoftwareSerial/ folder. Obviously you did delete the arduino-1.0.3/libraries/SoftwareSerial/ folder. You will have to reinstall the Arduino IDE.

Where is the SketchRoot?
can you give a screen shot what you mean?

Hovic:
Where is the SketchRoot?
can you give a screen shot what you mean?

It is the folder name on your PC of where ever your sketches are saved to when you quit the IDE. The full path name is shown in the arduino IDE under files/Preferences, in the top window named Sketchbook location. My path sketch folder is named C:\Documents and Settings\Primary Windows User\My Documents\Arduino when using arduino version 22 and it's path sketch folder name is C:\Documents and Settings\Primary Windows User\My Documents\Arduino\Arduino1 when I'm using arduino version 1.0.3.

This is the folder name where you can create a folder named libraries where you can then install 3rd party library files and example sketches for the library. The arduino core also has a folder named libraries that it populates with the 'official' arduino library files that come with IDE installation distrubution. You should not add or erase files in that folder, just your arduino users sketchbook folder/libraries folder.

Lefty

so i remove the softserial from the sketchRoot the only difference i got is that compiler basicly say it doesn't exist.
I'm more familiar with Avr Studio 6.0 and microsoft visual studio 2010.

I already know that I'm not the only one that has this problem. their forums online that showed the same porblem, but didn't help. vis
it was with NewSoftSerial.h.... There was no answer to the question.

the only way i got the SoftwareSerial.h to work is to use my visual box, but it is slow. So i really don't won't to use the visual box.

Hovic:
so i remove the softserial from the sketchRoot the only difference i got is that compiler basicly say it doesn't exist

Did you reinstall the Arduino 1.0.3 IDE?

yes, i re installed it

still give me the some errors as previously

'PCICR' was not declared in this scope?

SoftwareSerial.h not found?

yes, i get PCICR was not declared in this scope.
i also have trouble compiler with the Datalogger SD Example, if that help with anything