LCD Scroll Menu, with Encoder

Nicole1998:
I really appreciate your time, But I have tried everything to understand how to make this, I've seem a lot of code for menu and all of them have a sub screen which I don't need, I have spend several hours in front of the computer trying different thing to make any of the code i get work and trying to understand how they work I'm just not understand it. I'm trying my best to give you what I know so you can help me.

I think it be easier for both of us to start over, You need to know the encoder I'm using and I'm not for sure with one, I know I download it from the library, But if you know of one off the top of your head we can work with lets try that so we are on the same page.

I do apologize for not know how to do, I never done encoder or menu on LCD screen before. Mostly all i have done is use them to display message of machine.

As you know I have a Encode and 20x4 LCD display with the IC2 backpack. I need a menu that I can scroll through and pick what I want the machine to.

Display exmaple:

LED1
LED2
LED3
LED4
Etc.

After scrolling though and finding the LED I want to use. I will then click the encode(singleClick). It will turn the LED that I pick to true.

Example: Scroll down to >LED8
Click the Encoder.
LED8 = true.
After it done runnning the code.
LED8 = false.
return the Menu back to LED.

I'm asking for you help in Pretty much everything in Writing this code because I haven't got anywhere.
I haven't learned anything.

I really hope you can help me because I have worked so hard in the project and this is the last thing I need for it to be done.

If you like to Private message me I can give you my email.

Allow me to help you.
Would you mind restating your problem/project?

I will try my best to provide you with a workable solution.
Being frustrated does no one any good.
It turns you (generic you) off programming and arduino.
I will read your posts in the morning and go through the background.