My arduino robot Turn failure

HI everybody

I just use logo example

but why when I put left button, robot didn`t follow my command

he just turn right and just shake himself, didn`t continue next command.

Hi,
PLEASE give us a bit more to work on!! What Lego, What Arduino, what button?????? What motors what driver? Must I go on................

We need a schematic or pencil drawing of the set-up and what code/program are you using...

Regards

Mel.

Cactusface:
What Lego

holyzack1123:
use logo example

Cactusface:
What Arduino

From the title, the OP means the Arduino (branded) Robot.

HI,

OK my excuse!! I have been putting drops in my eyes for the last week or so. If I get really bored I can sit and watch TV OK, but read, write or see a monitor, don't be silly!

Gave the old eyes a good wash (Baby shampoo, doc says OK) so untill later I can see, sort of.

I have and do build robots, but the Arduino is expensive and from what I read not that good, Oh what I could do with the best part of £200.

Regards

Mel.

Cactusface:
the Arduino is expensive and from what I read not that good

It certainly gets a lot of questions or comments about things which don't seem to work. I have a suspicion it was rushed to market.

There is an error in Motors.cpp in Arduino Robot Control Library, I proposed a code change in GitHub but you can correct it by yourself this way:

1. Open Motors.cpp file located in Robot_Control/src folder from where Arduino IDE Libraries are installed (for mac users open Arduino.app its in Contents/Java/Libraries/robot_Control/src/)

2. In Motors.cpp line 32 replace if(direction>0) by if(direction<0) and Voilà !

3. Recompile your project

JimboZA:
It certainly gets a lot of questions or comments about things which don't seem to work. I have a suspicion it was rushed to market.

Which is something I just don't understand. I mean, by the time the Arduino Robot was available - it wasn't like there weren't a ton of other Arduino-based robot kits out there. Maybe not many that incorporated every sensor under the sun, but most were easily expandable.

The Arduino Robot (and the Arduino 3D Printer) - are two examples of products in the Arduino arena that have little reason to exist, given the number of other Arduino-based solutions currently out there at the time they were announced (and really - they weren't generally announced - one would think that either one would have had a big announcement on the forum - but instead all that happened was "ping" - a new forum topic pops up - without any explanation; the 3D printer was exactly like this - I'm not even sure where it came from).

A lot of these languishing products bearing the Arduino name but not the true spirit (from what I have seen) - I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't pet-projects of the Arduino board manufacturing company that is having the legal row with Massimo and the other founding members. Basically products intended to make money first by cashing in on the Arduino name, while also solidifying the "brand" with that company for the later legal challenge (which we are now seeing). Any "community" around them is just an accident, I think.