Freetronics DMD and RTC Help

Hi i am trying to work out code to display the output time from the Real Time Clock by Freetronics and Display it on a Dot Matrix Display from Freetronics but have no idea where to start on the code.

Can anyone help me out.

Regards Ben

Hi Ben,

How far have you got? Have you downloaded the freetronics library from github? Does your sketch get the time and date but you can't display it, or is the display wrong somehow?

Share your code and more info on your issue and I'm sure you'll be going in no time (if you'll excuse the pun)

Geoff

I havent done any coding yet the examples work for the RTC and display in the serial monitor and the DMD demo example works also displaying the sample text on the display

Anyone with ideas

benjacksonau:
Anyone with ideas

Well, yes. With the examples working you have the building blocks to get this going, and everything's wired up fine so you're well on your way. If you've never coded for Arduino it's probably a good time to do some basic tutorials to get familiar with the gear, then you'll start to see how this would all work together quite nicely.

Come back and post when you're genuinely stuck...but for now give it a go. I'm certain you'll be surprised how far you have already progressed toward finishing what you've started. If you're looking for a good set of tutorials check out
these youtube videos
by Jeremy Blum or
this new series.
by Massimo Banzi

Cheers ! Geoff

I have combined the DMD and RTC Libraries together but cant work out how to write the small bit of code to display the time coming from the RTC. Has anyone done this before

benjacksonau:
Hi i am trying to work out code to display the output time from the Real Time Clock by Freetronics and Display it on a Dot Matrix Display from Freetronics but have no idea where to start on the code.

Can anyone help me out.

Regards Ben

Examples:
http://tronixstuff.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/project-clock-one/