Help me build this tape recorder?

Let me start by saying I'm clueless on arduino and programming. I'm interested in making a tape recorder exactly like this Payday 2 Jacket Tape Recorder - YouTube. I'm guessing this guy put mp3 files onto an sd card and used an arduino to tie them to buttons. Can anybody help me with how to go about building this? Even information on where to learn would be helpful. I also want the rng aspect of his too, so there will be multiple sounds tied to one button.
Thanks for the help!

You may start from here

If you trans-code the files to .wav you can play them in software. All you would need is the SD card adapter.

I'm looking into making a tape recorder that can play WAV files by pressing a button.

Using this as a reference.

I'm fairly clueless as to coding and arduino, with some breadboarding experience.
I found this instructable online and I feel like that's exactly what I need. I just want to make some changes and I son't know how that's gonna affect anything on the project. I want to be able to add more buttons, have a louder speaker, and be able to play random files like the first video. What do I need to do to change this setup? Like I said I'm a noob. Thanks a lot!

@Arms_Outstretched, do not cross-post. Threads merged.

Thanks to everybody for your help! I found this simple chip from adafruit Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 2MB Flash : ID 2133 : $19.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits that's exactly what I need and no arduino programming required.