Use of group IDs to access Arduino cloud based IDE?

Is it permissible to setup a small number of temporary student IDs (10 - 15) for purposes of training? (e.g. Student1, Student2, etc.) This would simplify logistics by providing participants with an existing ID rather than have them create one during the training session. The instructor would delete the IDs within a few days of creation following completion of the class.

Thoughts?

Strictly forbidden and punishable by public humiliation? A useful method to bring new enthusiasts into the fold? Somewhere in between?

Thanks!

Hi @AlDente,
thanks for your post. This is something that has been asked multiple times and we haven't found a good way to make it work yet.
How do we know that you are really a teacher, therefore it is safe to give permission to create multiple IDs (even if temporary), and manage them (e.g. change password)? We have so much spam to fight against that we need to be really careful.

This is a possible solution:

• we verify you are a valid user (based on how long your account has been created for, forum posts...) and we add to your Profile page a way to add users emails to send them invites
  • you add the emails of the users you would like to add
  • an invite is sent to them, it will last for 48 hours and they will be able to create an account just but entering a username and password, no need to confirm the email

This is something we are already designing for school plans. Would this help you?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. I was planning to do a tutorial with a small group of students in support of hour of code week. I certainly understand your position regarding possible spam. I think the easiest way to approach this is to have the students each create their own account. The alternative is to have the Arduino IDE installed on each of the computer lab computers.

Bottom line: I appreciate your help and thinking this through a bit more think that the individual user approach is better than trying to create and manage group IDs.

Best Regards
Al