Go Down

Topic: Unable to up load sketches to YUN (Read 711 times) previous topic - next topic

n7zmg

I am new to the forum and to Arduino.  I have a YUN and am using OS X 10.11.16

Things were going fine -- I configured the YUN  and was able to run blink and change the timing of the blinking.  I next tried a bridge example and it worked well also.  Fast forward a couple of days  and I tried to upload blink again.   I now am unable to up load blink (or any other sketch) using the IDE and get the following message any and every time I try to up load:

avrdude: AVR device not responding
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
        Double check connections and try again, or us -F to override
                    this check.

/usr/bin/run-avrdude: line 44 can't open /tmp/effuse: no such file

Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
                    this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

When using the IDE (1.8.5) I can see the YUN listed as a Network Port when I check  (Tools> Port:)  (and this is what I have clicked on for uploading the blink sketch)  If I plug in a Ethernet cable I can see that that network port as well.  I have tried uploading via that network port as well and get the same error message.

I have reset the Wifi (for over 30 seconds) and then reconfigured the YUN.  I have reset the AR9331 and the 32U4.  Still get the same error message.

When sing the IDE and choose Tools>ports:  Listed under Serial Ports I see /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-port but I do no see a YUN serial port.

I can open Terminal and SSH to the Yun  and I can get to the YUN by entering it's IP address into my browser.

I have searched this forum and google for hours now and think that somehow I may have destroyed my YUN.

Sorry for the long post  any help would be much appreciated.

Farnsworth9qc

Hello, I have got the same problem.

I started when I used a sketch that uses SPI interface. I cannot upload sketches with WiFi.
Uploading over USB still works.

Here is my error message:

Code: [Select]

this check.

/usr/bin/run-avrdude: line 5: can't open /tmp/efuse: no such file

this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

I have found this topic, but have not tried the testing part yet:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=238130.msg1713401#msg1713401

Maybe someone has more information on the part where SPI is in use by sketch on atmega32u

Thanks for the help  :)

ShapeShifter

Uploading over WiFi uses the ICSP connection (6-pin programming header.) The Linux processor uses a SPI nterface to load code into the AVR sketch processor.

If you have hardware connected to the SPI pins of the AVR processor, it can interefere with loading the code. The simple solution is to unplug that circuitry when loading a sketch. Or, make sure that any conflicting pins are tri-state (high impedance) when not selected. I'm guessing you have a chip (shift register?) that is always driving the MISO processor pin, which is the most common conflict. That pin needs to be mechanically or electrically disconnected when the chip is not actively being used. The usual way to have multiple devices on the SPI bus is for anything driving the MISO processor pin to go to tri-state when it's chip select is not active. If it doesn't, it will fight the output from the Linux processor when it tries to load code.

Farnsworth9qc

Thanks,

unplugging worked :)

I use a display with SPI interface. It uses only MOSI, MISO pin is unused.

Go Up