Looking for a good online EE Masters program

I am feeling the need to further my education but there are no university's near where I live and I cannot afford to quit my job and move. I am looking for any recommendations anyone has for respectable schools that have online masters programs in electrical or computer engineering.

So far I have found a few schools that offer online masters programs but not as many as I would think. the only ones I have been able to find are Purdue, Drexel, Almeda?, Devry. When I google online masters programs I get overwhelmed with sponsored sites and I do not want to end up on some mailing list for the next 10 years.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated especially from someone with firsthand experience.

DK

This is just my point of view. I think an EE degree is better earned face-to-face instead of online, don't you think so? You can get business degrees online since there is no need for a lab but you can't/shouldn't get a science/engineering degree online. How do you practice in your field without a lab?

Try MIT open course ware program. MIT discovered they were not in the education business but rather in the degree granting business. So the give the education away for free.
Here is a link for the eecs program:

If you need a lab just build one. The money you save on the course will pay for a very good lab.

If you run into a brick wall you can email for help and they will help you. But remember this is a free class so don't abuse the time of the Nobel Laureates that will be answering your emails.

Good luck and don't forget to checkout the other classes they have.

I would definitely prefer a a face-face degree if at all possible but due to my current location and job this is just not possible. My work will most likely pay for my degree and I would like to take advantage of this. I was also thinking about the online MBA but I am just not interested in business. As far as getting access to a lab and equipment, lets just say that my current job has some of the most expensive "toys" money can buy. Getting lab time for testing purposes would not be a problem.

I have poked around a little on the MIT site but I would like to get something to show for my efforts if possible. If this isn't possible maybe I will settle for the MBA :disappointed_relieved:

donkahones:
I would definitely prefer a a face-face degree if at all possible but due to my current location and job this is just not possible. My work will most likely pay for my degree and I would like to take advantage of this. I was also thinking about the online MBA but I am just not interested in business. As far as getting access to a lab and equipment, lets just say that my current job has some of the most expensive "toys" money can buy. Getting lab time for testing purposes would not be a problem.

I have poked around a little on the MIT site but I would like to get something to show for my efforts if possible. If this isn't possible maybe I will settle for the MBA :disappointed_relieved:

There might be MBA in technology management concentration :wink:

If you really want a degree I would do the courses at MIT. Then either go to a University or take an online program. You will Ace it no problem. It always looks good when you can say that you graduated with honors. No need to tell them that you took the class twice. The second time it will be just filling out the tests. I did this taking vector calculus. I told the teacher that it was a long drive for me and I only wanted to come in one day a week. That was OK and I aced it. Gave me a rep with the other students.