mbed - anyone tried it?

Has anyone given this a go?

No good for me, I need to program and remove the chips and plug them in projects, and sad to say I only know Arduino language ( a bit of anyway )

the online IDE has always made me stray away, dont even know why that is a feature

Id like to try mbed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
but, for 60$ i can get tons of other stuff...

If I have to learn a separate ide (especially without a debugger), it is not worth it at any price, in my view.

the online IDE has always made me stray away,

As soon as I read that I moved on.

I came back a few months later and thought I'd at least give it a try, but IIRC you can't even try it out before you buy a board because you need the serial # to sign up.

I've since heard that you don't in fact need the online IDE, but that's still the general impression and certainly not using it is against the official line, so far as I'm concerned it's a case of "move along folks, there's nothing to see here".

Pity because I like the LPC chips.

Rob

The amazing thing of Arduino products is that with a handful of coins, some electronic components, a couple of ideas and the help of this community, you'll have a lot of fun!
You can pay more and get a development kit, but if you are not a developer, after write and test the perfect code for you application, you'll start to walk and unknown territory of level snippet code and library definition compatibility. Otherwise, if you get something like mbed, be prepared to start practically from zero and... may be confine to a small universe and... may be get bored very soon. Long live Arduino! Cheers!

The mbed forum is quite active ... have you checked?

Yes, I already checked. Very active but as I said, If you are a newby, you can get lost easily into that jargon-jungle...but all tinkerer deserves the benefit of a try.

The mbed forum is quite active ... have you checked?

Even the most popular category on the mbed forum only has one message from today on it, so maybe not that active, at least compared to this forum!

The technology does look interesting though, and the programming looks pretty accessible - similar level of abstraction to Arduino.

Having said that I can't find a reason to buy myself a Due, so I don't know what I'd do with one if I got it!

What is your goal? (optionally PM me)

at least compared to this forum!

yeah Arduino rulez :wink: