Arduino Uno, RN-XV, Seeed Relay Shield- Not working, what am I missing?

Hello,
I have the following setup-

and I've tried each of the following libraries-

but nothing seems to work, I continually get the flashing red light on the WiFly, which from what I've read, means its not connected to a network.

Even this simple example to create an ad-hoc network, using the WiFlyHQ library, doesn't seem to work-

#include <WiFlyHQ.h>
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial wifiSerial(8,9);

WiFly wifly;

void setup()
{
    Serial.begin(115200);
    Serial.println(F("Starting"));
    wifiSerial.begin(9600);
    wifly.begin(&wifiSerial, &Serial));

wifly.createAdhocNetwork("wifly", 10);

Serial.println(F("Network ready"));
}

void loop()
{
    wifly.terminal();
}

I have tried disconnecting the Seeed shield from the Arduino first, then uploaded my sketch, then reconnecting, as I've read having it connected can interfere with uploading sketches.

So aside from asking the insanely broad question of what am I doing wrong, I'll ask- is there anything I need to do to the WiFly first, to set it up directly?
I haven't read anything about having to do such a thing, but I can't think of anything else.
I've also read a few thing about a diode on pin 3 and having to remove it (http://www.instructables.com/id/Visual-Network-Threat-Level-Indicator-v2/step5/Fix-the-XBee-Shield/), but that is in reference to SparkFun's Xbee shield, so not sure if that would be applicable for my Seeed Shield.

I'm obviously a noob. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me crazy.

Does the relay shield hook the WiFly serial I/O pins to Arduino pin 8 and 9? If not, your sketch won't do anything. I don't see anything about that in the description so you may need to look at the schematics to figure it out.

Yep, that did it, I had the wrong pins, thank you! Told you I was a noob; now I understand softwareSerial a lot more.