Arduino Mini 04

Hey I purchased an Arduino Mini 04 from Sparkfun. I also ordered some other sensors, which costed me around 14 grands. This included my shipping and customs. The problem with the controller is that Am not able to interface it with the computer. I also have a arduino duemilanove. For uploading the programs to my mini 04, I use this controller. I get the Power to the mini 04, but am not able to upload the program. Ive tried every possible step, which is availabe on net. Ive also contacted spark fun forums and i never got a reply from them. Been working on this for 4 months, and now they ask me to get a FTDI board. Again, I cant or am not willing to afford the shipping and customs for just a FTDI board. Since this is an Indian Group, I would like to try my luck here. Any one faced the same problem?? Or is these some kind of a FTDI board which is compatible with this?

Please Suggest

Thank you
Regards

have you tried installing the Arduino UNO driver file that is in the drivers folder in the arduino distribution.?

Do you mean adding the board files??

Yes I did add the board, and I selected the Arduino Mini 04 board. Like I said, Ive tried everything which was suggested on net, Except for the FTDI board. What I forgot to mention is that, Ive already contacted sparkfun customer support and after a long conversation on net, they suggested me to get a FTDI board. I dont want to waste another 6000 rs just to get a FTDI board from Sparkfun.
Is there someone who made it work without the FTDI board????

Sure - order an CP2102 module from e-bay. Comes from China, your neck of the world, quicker shipping?
Find one with holes along the sides where extra signals are broken out - specifically DTR.
Cut the trace that goes to the RST pin, wire the pin to the DTR hole.
Install the CP2102 driver if Windows did'nt do it for you when you first plugged it in.
Mac - I don't know driver situation.

I personally use a CP2102 usb2serial converter board that you can buy anytime from this site here>> http://probots.co.in/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_88&products_id=411 , its available in india and this particular supplier supplies the item good but is relatitvely late in arrival time.
I have been using this board since ages!

Looks like a nice one, all the needed pins readily accessible.
How much is Rs. 180.00 in USD?

Hi sir,

Its about three to four dollars

No I didnt. Am pretty sure I did everything. I even Contacted Sparkfun, and they checked with it. do you have the setup or a circuit diagram???

Thankyou
Regards.

it may help us if you tell what kind of error you are getting!!!!!

I have posted this 10 times in 5 different fourms!! And I never got any reply except for the mail to customer support in sparkfun.
Since this is Indian forum, I wanted to try my luck here. Let me repost them here. Hope I get a solution!!

Let me first describe the physical setup.

I have a arduino duemilanove. I am trying to upload the codes from my duemilanove to my Arduino Mini 04.

1. I removed the IC from Duemilanove board.
  2. Tx Duemilanove is connected to Tx of Arduino Mini, Rx to Rx, Gnd to Gnd, reset to reset, 5v supply to 5v . http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoMini. This is the Exact setup.
  3. Copied the Boards.txt
    mini328.upload.protocol=stk500
    mini328.upload.maximum_size=28672
    mini328.upload.speed=115200

mini328.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
mini328.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
mini328.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
mini328.bootloader.path=bt
mini328.bootloader.file=ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328.hex
mini328.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
mini328.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

mini328.build.mcu=atmega328p
mini328.build.f_cpu=16000000L
mini328.build.core=arduino

Am using Arduino 1.0
4. Selected the Arduino mini using Atmega 328 from the boards in the IDE.
5. And when I upload I get this message
Binary sketch size: 1026 bytes (of a 28672 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Hope that Helps!!!

Do you have a Mini 04 or an 05? The 04 uses a Atmega8 and the 05 Atmega 328P I assume you have looked at this http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoMini.

I have mini 04. my aruino mini 04 uses atmega328 not atmega8. I have been having a track of this website even before mini 05 was introduced.