Help ! Driver installation failed

Hi everybody, I am new to Arduino. I am using windows 7 X86 and I download the latest version of Arduino from http://arduino.cc . But when I install the driver. System shows a window says
" The driver is found but system failed to install the driver. Can't find the specific file. Communication port"

Can anyone help me ? I do read the trouble shooting guide. But can't find anything.
Help please!

Not a M$lop 7 user, however ensure you are plugged directly into the computer not a hub, When installing the driver do not allow it to search, Browse to the program files/arduino/drivers directory for the .inf.

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

FestusHagen:
Not a M$lop 7 user, however ensure you are plugged directly into the computer not a hub, When installing the driver do not allow it to search, Browse to the program files/arduino/drivers directory for the .inf.

-Enjoy

Thanks man, but I do plugged directed into my laptop. And The system find the driver file. But can't install. If any one have any idea about this problem, please help me out of this. Millions of thanks

I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit. I plug arduino uno r3 the first time, the windows did not recognize the board. However, I try to update driver through "device management" in windows 7(right click the unknown one - try to unplug and plug the board, you will see the unknown driver which is of the board). and then browse to the file driver in the arduino IDE installation folder ( google it), it will automatically install the driver. Everything fine now.

However, someone does mention about the FIDI driver (kinds of virtual driver), you should try download and use this instead if everything above fail.

good luck

itmth19:
I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit. I plug arduino uno r3 the first time, the windows did not recognize the board. However, I try to update driver through "device management" in windows 7(right click the unknown one - try to unplug and plug the board, you will see the unknown driver which is of the board). and then browse to the file driver in the arduino IDE installation folder ( google it), it will automatically install the driver. Everything fine now.

However, someone does mention about the FIDI driver (kinds of virtual driver), you should try download and use this instead if everything above fail.

good luck

Hi itmth19, Thanks for you reply, I did the same thing as you descript above. But no any luck. Fail to install FIDI driver. Message show : can't find the file.
I am upset.

What board are you using? The new Arduino boards (like the Uno) don't use the FTDI chip or drivers. When browsing for the driver file, select the main "drivers" folder (not the "FTDI Drivers" sub-folder).

Did you get it to work ??

-Enjoy

mellis:
What board are you using? The new Arduino boards (like the Uno) don't use the FTDI chip or drivers. When browsing for the driver file, select the main "drivers" folder (not the "FTDI Drivers" sub-folder).

I am using Arduino UNO, now I am trying to repair my windows 7. I think I lost some file in the windows. If I get it work, I will post the result here.

FestusHagen:
Did you get it to work ??

-Enjoy

Not yet. Still on the process of repairing system.

Hi guys, Finally i get it work. Thanks for your replay and help. It is a problem of my windows 7 (x86), some how some of my system file was lost or damaged. I repair it with my system disk. And it works. But it do takes a long time for me to fit it out. What a strange problems it is! Anyway, i am getting exited about Arduino. Thanks again!