Need help writing simple code interfacing with mp3 player

I have a scale model of a building with led's placed in each of 12 rooms. The model is mounted to a table and there will be 3 handsets (table is placed against a wall and each of 3 remaining sides will have a handset) each having 4 buttons next it. When a button is pressed, an mp3 describing a room will play and the led in that room will light up. I have 3 Sparkfun mp3 trigger boards and 3 arduino unos and I have the sounds loaded on the sd card and working when a button is pressed. I need help with having the led light up while the track is being played. I was thinking I'd just wire each button to its respective track on the mp3 trigger, and to an input on the arduino which would basically "blink" the correct led with the delay time set to the length of the track being played. The mp3 trigger will be set where each track can't be interrupted. I realize that this is like preschool for someone that knows what they are doing, I am not a coder, but I am willing to pay someone that is for about 10 minutes of their time for assistance. If interested, please reply with your price and we'll go from there.

Thanks