Arduino Lilypad load scale.

Hello everyone. I'm rather new to working with Arduino, but I think I've learned a good bit of the basics for my internship. My professor has tasked me with engineering a load scale out of an Arduino Lilypad and I've been seeing tutorials and articles about making a load scale out of the Arduino Uno and I've found things on the Arduino Lilypad, but I haven't found help on how to make a scale from the Lilypad itself.

I'm also looking at using five load sensors under an aluminum plate (one at each corner and one in the middle to distribute the weight evenly) and I was wondering if it's a good idea to set every sensor to different pins or to make a "hub" where the electronic signals get collected and then delivered to the Lilypad for processing.

Thank you for the help.

The Lilypad is almost the same as the Arduino Uno.

The digital and analog pins are the same. The sketch is also the same.
But it doesn't have a USB connector, so you need a seperate USB-to-TTL-serial adapter or a programmer to upload the sketch.
And it runs at 8MHz, but that should not be a problem.

You'll need a separate instrumentation amplifier for each of the load cell sensors. I don't think there's any practical method of adding the signals together to get a cumulative value. You can also multiplex the sensors but the required multiplexer chips are pretty pricy.

If you can provide more detail as to what you're using for load cells and what kind of precision you're try to achieve then you'll get better guidance on how to move forward.