Windows/Linux/Mac Eclipse plugin to compile and upload arduino sketches

@standardUser
It is a compliment.
The quality of your post indicates to me that you know how to ask a question. So basically: "You only have 1 post but you are not a noob."
Best regards
Jantje

Jantje,

I had earlier posted about not being able to upload from Eclipse using the Arduino plugin. Currently I can upload but I am not getting any output in the serial monitor.

I used a simple code like

#include "sketch1.h"

void setup()
{

Serial.begin(115200);
Serial.print("hello");
}

void loop()
{
}

Can you please help.

I am not getting any error message or warning.

It is possible the monitor opens to late.
Try this code

#include "sketch1.h"

void setup()
{
  delay(1000);
   Serial.begin(115200);
   Serial.print("hello");
}

void loop()
{
  delay(1000);
  Serial.print("hello again");
}

Thanks Jantje,

It worked with the delay statements. :slight_smile:

I was earlier using plugin version v2. but currently I am using 1.2.4. When I am trying to compile a simple code like
#include "sam1.h"

//The setup function is called once at startup of the sketch
void setup()
{
Serial.begin(115200);
Serial.print("test");
// Add your initialization code here
}

// The loop function is called in an endless loop
void loop()
{
//Add your repeated code here
}

the code fails....

Method Serial could not be ressolved.
Symbol print could not be ressolved.

Please help. I am using Arduino Mega 2560 with arduino ide 1.0.5

I am having problem in uploading as well. It shows
AVRDude doesn't support the project target MCU(AtMega 2560)

This problem is happening in Linux(Ubuntu 12.04). But it works fine with Windows.

I have tried withboth versions of the plugin !.2.4 and 1.2.5

Scampi
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=79595.msg1294961#msg1294961

Thanks a lot Jantje. Sorry I missed out the post in earlier page. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi

I'm having difficulties building my project (very basic - inspired from the Morse example).

Eclipse C++ Version: Juno Service Release 2
Arduino IDE : 1.0.5
PlugIn : 1.2.4

My project includes 3 personal librairies (very basic)
There are no problems or warning by during the build process I get a message :

16:11:22 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project Alarme ****
make all 
Building file: D:/Documents/Arduino/programmes/libraries/Sortie/Sortie.cpp
Invoking: AVR C++ Compiler
make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr = 0x4217b3)

16:11:22 Build Finished (took 644ms)

During the build I see the same message for the malloc file too but the message doesn't remain

Even the blink program does the same

What's going wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Nathalie

Nathalie
This defeneatly not the way it should work.

Why are you not using the latest version?
Have you configured the plugin as described in http://eclipse.baeyens.it/Install.html?
Can you open the preferences as in step 4.2. close the preferences; reopen and tick and untick "use arduino ide tools in eclipse" and select ok. If that doesn't fix it please provide me with an image of 4.2 of the install instructions?
Best regards
Jantje

Thanks for answering.

Latest version of what ?

Eclipse ? I tried to install kepler yesterday (3 times) but I couldn't get it work with arduino. I had problems with includes (#include "arduino.h" was not even understood !) so I got the juno as explained in the install instruction.

I followed the instructions.
The only difference is about the indexer, I don't have the input box "files to index up-front" (see attachment)

There aren't any error messages in the error panel.

I just tried to re-install kepler. Works better today.
I created a new project (empty) and tried to build it , I get exactly the same problem

ardunioindexer.png

boubil:
Thanks for answering.

Latest version of what ?

The plugin.

The settings look ok. Is it working in the Arduino IDE?
Best regards
Jantje

Looking again at the snapshots you provided I think you hit. This page has been moved
Best regards
Jantje

You're right, I moved the arduino folder to c:\ and now it works !

Thanks a lot for helping me and thanks a lot for your plugin !

I just tried to user arduino 1.5.2 with kepler (installed on d:\arduino) and the plugin don"t recognize the arduino folder.

Nathalie

good to hear it works.
If you want to work with Arduino 1.5.2 beta you need to install plugin version 2 beta.
See http://blog.baeyens.it/#home
Best regards
Jantje

Thank you Jantje

For now I don't need 1.5.2 beta.

I'm so happy it's all builing now.

Hi!
I have just started with arduino and using the eclipse plugin. So far I have tested the blink and serial example and it works fine.
Though now I'm trying to use a MPU 6050 sensor which means I need to include the Wire library and it does not build. I have tested the code with the Arduino IDE and it works fine.

Eclipse Version: Kepler Release
Plugin: 1.2.4
Arduino: 1.0.5
Board: Arduino UNO

Imported libraries are: Wire, I2Cdev and MPU6050

Console output:

avr-gcc -I../TestTest/I2Cdev -I"C:\Development\Arduino\Libraries\I2Cdev" -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -DARDUINO=105 -DUSB_PID= -DUSB_VID= -Wall -Os -g -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -MMD -MP -MF"Wire/utility/twi.d" -MT"Wire/utility/twi.d"  -c -o "Wire/utility/twi.o" "C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c"
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:28:41: error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:38:26: error: pins_arduino.h: No such file or directory
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c: In function 'twi_init':
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:72: error: 'true' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:72: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:72: error: for each function it appears in.)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:73: error: 'false' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:76: warning: implicit declaration of function 'digitalWrite'
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:76: error: 'SDA' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:77: error: 'SCL' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c: In function 'twi_readFrom':
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:146: error: 'true' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:153: error: 'false' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c: In function 'twi_writeTo':
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:226: error: 'true' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:233: error: 'false' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c: In function '__vector_24':
C:/Arduino/arduino-1.0.5/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.c:386: error: 'true' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [Wire/utility/twi.o] Error 1

It was many years since I coded so its probably a noob mistake.

please upgrade to the latest version.

Jantje:
please upgrade to the latest version.

I just noticed that I actually have the latest version 1.2.5.5.
Dont know where I got 1.2.4 from.

Edit:
Made a new project and imported wire, i2c and mpu6050 and now it compiles fine.