Help in programming the Atmega1284 with maniacbug-mighty-1284p.

oric_dan:
cyclegadget, I don't think your example sketch will be very big, as the float array is not
initialized. lefty's example should do it, I'm sure.

One other question - there was talk on some of the other threads about Arduino-central
producing a standard pinout for 1284P chips. Is that a possiblility?

Where was that posted, have a link?

There was mention of this in a number of posts of the enormous 35-page thread I linked
to a couple of posts ago. I'm not sure if it was a desire or an actual effort, or what became
of it. The Bobuino pinout is pretty good for UNO-like compatibility, but I wondered if
something was in the brew in officialdom.

Very very unlikely in my opinion. The 'official' IDE distrubution has never directly supported 3rd party boards not designed and/or sold by the arduino people. And if they did they would end up owning all future support changes needed (bootloader upgrades, library upgrades, etc, to support the 'non-standard' chip), so it's really wishing for what isn't really possible. The have done a great job for making the IDE easily 'expandable' by having the user's sketch folder/hardware folder allow for adding 3rd party board support, and that goes a long way at making future IDE version upgrades less painful (but not 100% I think) then in the days when one had to replace or modify the files inside the main IDE core folders.

Lefty