Arduino DMX-512 troubleshoot (RS-485)

mhhh,

did you checked this with a oscilloscope?

i was asspecting i just have to do this with the bits which contains the value information (data-bits), because they have a if/else statement which need some time.

but thanks a lot, that you fixed the code, i will change the code on the playground a.s.a.p.

I was asppecting that a slave like the lightwave LX, who seems do be made for longtime, outdoor applications, should work a little bit better with not so clean singals...

for your problems with high values:

maybe you should add a delay for the stop- and relis-bit which will be the mark between bytes. (this break is have to be between 8 us and 1 sec). we didn't set a delay for this both bits because normaly operation we do between sending different byte takes more then 8 us. maybe it doesn't in your code, or maybe you do other operations which take more then 1 sek. ???

by the way: if you creat some nice funktions, objekts, installations etc. with dmx and arduino, feel free to add a new topic in the dmx tutorial or palyground in generall, i think it would be a great help for people if you would show your work at the playground. it is such a anoying shit with this code so it can be nice to see some nice projekts to motivate other people.

ha det bra
tomek