North Eastern USA

TomGeorge:
I do feel sorry for the west coast US, even down to Florida, snow is good , but in moderation.

Oh deary dear, upside down and can't tell east from west.

I was out in -22C yesterday, it felt cold when the wind blew I can tell ya, it comes off the river.

Just to make sure we understand. Florida and New York are on East side, California and Alaska are on West side.

The side of Australia that touches Pacific Ocean is the East side and side touching Indian Ocean is the West side of Australia? It would suck if East and West were reversed across the equator because it'd mean everything I wrote down in my old geography homework were wrong after all. No internet back in the 80s for me to use to cheat.

Sun usually comes up in the east from what I hear.

GoForSmoke:

True, a bit more difficult to know when at the poles. :frowning:

GoForSmoke:
Oh deary dear, upside down and can't tell east from west.

I was out in -22C yesterday, it felt cold when the wind blew I can tell ya, it comes off the river.

Its good to see you are awake and alert in the US.
Anyhow where did I say Florida as on the west coast?
If you are California you do go down to Florida. :slight_smile:

On TV this morning, yes down here we have morning TV they showed this newly published 10 year fact about USA.
They should ban beds, lawnmowers and buses...

Toddlers stat is a bit disturbing.

Tom..... :o :o :o
PS. Who is this Kardashian woman?

GoForSmoke:

It's been about 3 weeks since I've seen any sun here in Michigan.

Grey comes up in the east in some places.....

Hi,

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/nsw-heatwave-sydney-the-hottest-place-on-earth/news-story/c13a74526eecf37f69bfb1551b4fdfb0

Tom... :slight_smile:

Ten year old "Snow Flake" boy walked 3 miles to school in -9C temperatures (okay its China not USA) and he has the icicles to prove it;

^what an effing snowflake....

Hi,
Local 7day forcast dated 11/01/2017 10:00pm, Currently 32DegC
Temps in DegC.

Tom.. :slight_smile:

Do much solar cooking, Tom?

School is out (okay its Eastern Russia not USA)

Russia.jpg

Temperatures below -55C.
Roasting compared with the -68C the village of Oymyakon hit in 1933, Global Warming I suppose.

I remember a film in Russia once where the reporter stepped out of his car to see how long his tape recorder would keep working. It ground to a halt pretty quick, I think the rubber belts froze solid. The vehicles went round in at least pairs for safety. Fires were built with logs under the diesel tanks of lorries to melt the fuel. Tyres had a flat edge till they thawed a bit.

Yes, General Winter has mellowed with age. I wonder how much sway General Mud still has in Russia? Is there still a mud season?

Hi,

Damn hot in the street here and in Melbourne at the Australian Open tennis.

Tom.. :o :o :o

GoForSmoke:
Yes, General Winter has mellowed with age. I wonder how much sway General Mud still has in Russia? Is there still a mud season?

It sounds like you might have met General Mud in person? I have never been in Russia.

The thread reminded me of another documentary where Russian scientists were establishing Vostok Station in one of the coldest places on the planet. They were moving their gear 1,000km by tractor and would eat packets of butter neat to get calories. I have found this quote;

PROF. ANDREI KAPITSA (Moscow State University): "The best way to warm yourself up you eat butter. A pound of butter goes in you and suddenly you are warm again and everything is nice and it's like drinking a glass of vodka but much better".

travis_farmer:
would you mind boxing up some of that 37C, and sending it my way? i only need just a bit to remember what it feels like. :wink:

~Travis

No worries mate :slight_smile:
Find some attatched.

Tom.... :slight_smile:
Australia Day 26th January

ag.jpg

ardly:
It sounds like you might have met General Mud in person? I have never been in Russia.

Only in military history for me. Pre-winter was supposed to be called what translated to "mud season". It all but stopped the Nazis and then General Winter finished the job. Stalin referred to "General Winter" as what Russian winter does to visiting armies.

GoForSmoke:
Only in military history for me. Pre-winter was supposed to be called what translated to "mud season". It all but stopped the Nazis and then General Winter finished the job. Stalin referred to "General Winter" as what Russian winter does to visiting armies.

General Winter certainly fought a good fight for the Russians in WWII. With his help they built a 100 mile long railway (!!!) across Lake Lodoga to help break the siege of Leningrad.