Go Down

Topic: Burning Uno Bootloader to Arduino Micro (Read 110 times) previous topic - next topic

mld2468

I'm somewhat of a beginner using Arduino, microprocessors, etc. I was initially trying to upload sketches to my micro, and realized I needed to burn a bootloader. I have tried everything with the different wiring between the 2 arduinos (ICSP, pin to pin, etc.) and have done my fair share of research. I was wondering if anyone else has the similar problem with their micros? I could be extremely ignorant, and be doing the incorrect thing entirely, but if anyone could help me figure out the best way to burn a bootloader to the micro, that would be greatly appreciated. Whenever I try, I get an error that basically says the setup I have is incorrect.

pert

You can't burn the Uno bootloader to the Arduino Micro. You need to burn the Micro bootloader to the Arduino Micro. Do that by selecting Tools > Board > Arduino/Genuino Micro before burning the bootloader.

Whenever I try, I get an error that basically says the setup I have is incorrect.
Telling us what the error "basically says" is completely unhelpful. We need the full error message.

When you encounter an error you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

Go Up