F*** THIS S*** --> Something needs to be done....

...about this spamming. Before it was just random posts/threads about shoes, but actually bombing the forum is WAY above what I can tolerate.

having a flareup thread is not going to improve the situation right this second

"They" are working on a new system and you can pm one of the forum admins volunteering for moderator status, like I already have

Then we'll have competition of who deletes the spam topics first. :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: lol yeah

we need a report button that temporarily disables the user after a certain number of 'reports'...

Something for the updated forum if it ever gets ported...

Mowcius

Some mod want to ban Kelly Chen please?

seriously?

Think about it, if there was a mod online ... ::slight_smile:

we need a report button that temporarily disables the user after a certain number of 'reports'...

As well as blocking activity from their IP address.

How ironic would it be if they spammed this thread? lol.

Something like a spam button would be nice, the concept saved a bunch of chan sites recently, and although we haven't stooped to that level, it could come in handy here too.

I'm with jezuz here..
Although the team did a great job in calming the users by setting up three little subforums they missed the most important part: DOING SOMETHING.

It may sound hard, but what the hell is the inability of the arduino crew to actually set something up? You cant tell me thta anyone is as busy as they claim to be as everyone has once in a while two or three hours to spare for a project of this size. Sure, Arduino runs by itself, but where is the point of that? Migrating the forum from this software to another is not exactly the one needed thing. Having moderators (10+ minutes) or adding some Akismet stuff would even take less time...

Don't slag them off...

They do also have jobs. I can tell you that on a forum like this it is easy to create new forums/subforums but it is not easy to create a new button (report button etc).

Mowcius

but how hard is it to delete somthing after 12 hours??

how many mods do we have here?

this totaly takes the fun out of a forum... :-[

Hello

Kelly Chen has been terminated and banned
The reports in the SPAM forum are being processed every week at least...

The forum is being migrated, it's not so simple as you might think.

Some part of this discussion is a little bit like people watching the football on tv with a beer in their hand complaining that the players are useless :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

We have to migrate away from this software in a way that the old forum posts can be properly redirected so that we don't lose all the work done by people answering questions etc.

We bought an extra server and changed the way the servers handle the forum code to solve the random 500 errors that happened in the past.

We have had to ban several IPs coming from china that were cloning the whole website every day generating 20GB of bandwidth traffic every day... this has also required the installation of extra modules on the webserver to limit the amount of requests per second that any IP can make.

It used to be harder for spammer to enter the forum but it made life harder for the 99.99% of nice people out there so we decided to live with a bit more spam and less hassle for real users.

m

but how hard is it to delete somthing after 12 hours??

not too difficult one would presume...

how many mods do we have here?

umm... max 5 or something

this totaly takes the fun out of a forum...

maybe

Mowcius

Sup Banzi. I am actually content with you taking your time with the forum transfer, but some things need to be administered faster (e.g.: the 30 identical spam posts laying around for over, has it been a day now?)

Some part of this discussion is a little bit like people watching the football on tv with a beer in their hand complaining that the players are useless Smiley Smiley

Except here some of us are volunteering to help m8 :wink:

The point is: football players are actually useless - just like SPAM. And over-payed. And watching football is bad for your IQ too. The effect wears off after a while, but I've seen quite intelligent people turn into amoeba equivalent life forms in front of a TV.

If I had to watch football with a beer in my hand, I'd complain about being distracted from drinking.

If I had to watch football with a beer in my hand, I'd complain about being distracted from drinking.

Well said :smiley:

Just a bunch of puffs kicking a ball of puff round a field...

A metaphor is a figure of speech concisely expressed by an implied analogy between two objects or ideas, conveyed by the use of a word instead of another.

Looks like our friend Kelly is back again :stuck_out_tongue:

Nahh they were just slow-to-come through feed posts...

Mowcius

We have had to ban several IPs coming from china...

Damn Chinese people... :stuck_out_tongue: