Go Down

Topic: Can't programm MKR Fox 1200 (Read 577 times) previous topic - next topic

hendrikmb

Jan 02, 2018, 05:41 pm Last Edit: Jan 02, 2018, 06:13 pm by hendrikmb
Hello,

Everytime I try to programm the MKR Fox 1200 Board with the Arduino IDE, I get the error: "No device found on COM8".
The device is correctly recognized by Windows 7. I can see it in the device manager and in the Arduino IDE.

The last Sketch I programmed was the example for the 'ArduinoLowPower' lib. The board is going very fast into sleep mode. Until this sketch, I had that error sometimes, but after reconnecting it to the computer it worked again.

I tried to push the reset button while uploading. I also tried to reboot the computer and plugging it into other usb ports. Nothing worked.

Is there some kind of erase feature?

This is the Output of the Arduino IDE:
Sketch uses 29608 bytes (11%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM8
PORTS {COM1, COM8, } / {COM1, COM8, } => {}
PORTS {COM1, COM8, } / {COM1, COM8, } => {} <--- At this moment I pressed the onboard reset Button
PORTS {COM1, COM8, } / {COM1, } => {}
PORTS {COM1, } / {COM1, } => {}
PORTS {COM1, } / {COM1, } => {}
PORTS {COM1, } / {COM1, COM8, } => {COM8, }
Found upload port: COM8
C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.7.0/bossac.exe -i -d --port=COM8 -U true -i -e -w -v C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_295027/initMkrFox1200.ino.bin -R

ballscrewbob

Did you try the "quickly double tap the reset button" to put it into bootloader mode on a fixed com port ?

Works for all the MKR series boards and then allows you to upload on the bootloader port.
I always suggest a simple sketch at that point such as BLINK or BAREMINIMUM from the examples.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

hendrikmb

Did you try the "quickly double tap the reset button" to put it into bootloader mode on a fixed com port ?

Works for all the MKR series boards and then allows you to upload on the bootloader port.
I always suggest a simple sketch at that point such as BLINK or BAREMINIMUM from the examples.

Thanks, that worked!
Thread can be closed

Go Up