What are transistors.

Now you tell me!!!!!
That is a FET it is not a transistor. All that stuff about how a transistor works is not relevant to your device. What is more your device requires 10V to turn it on. This is more than the arduino can supply so in general you can't use this device with the arrangement you have been looking for.
So how did you identify the emitter base and collector on you device because it doesn't have them. It has a gate drain and source. So basically you have been lying when you say you have.

I was having a feeling that was a MOSFET. That will explain the transistor got hot. Kiss goodbye the LED. I hope the Arduino is still working. Why you simply use a 2N3904 or something like that ? No parts, right ?

That is a FET it is not a transistor.

So what does the T in FET stand for? :smiley:

About the poll. The answer is None of the above. They are silicon type - 2N3904 and also germanium type - 2SB56. <-- That one is a oldie

About the poll....I made it up ]:smiley: (because I couldn't remove it)

(I have an OC71 in my spares drawer, and an OCP71 I made by scraping the paint off an OC71)

So what does the T in FET stand for?

Don't know?

However he did talk about E B and C so it was a fair guess it was a bipolar.
How can you hope to identify the leads as EBC when you have a FET?

I have an OC71 in my spares drawer,

I have quite a few OC28 these are power transistors.

what does MOSFET Transistors do?

connect the ground to the left pin
connect the 5 v to the center pin
connect the right pin to a motor
and connect the motor pin 13

it still does nothing

and this thransistor was in arduino uno kit

what does MOSFET Transistors do?

Well, there's always Google.

i cant find any useful information

Take a look at this Tutorial about FET , pictures and circuit

http://brunningsoftware.co.uk/FET.htm

And this :

http://brunningsoftware.co.uk/Transisor.htm

i cant find any useful information

I'm astonished.

and this thransistor was in arduino uno kit

Well complain because it can't be used directly without another NPN transistor, it is not a logic level device it requires 10V to operate it correctly.

Note that this tutorial:-
http://brunningsoftware.co.uk/FET.htm

Will not work with the FET you have.

so this mean an NPN transistor is way more better then a MOSPHET transistor? :~

and does it also mean that MOSPHET transistors won't be useful in any of my futur projects :~

so this mean an NPN transistor is way more better then a MOSPHET transistor?

Woah!
Slow down.
What does any online search facility say about "MOSPHET"s ?

What, in fact, is a "MOSPHET" ?

Start doing some of your own research, before falling back on this forum.

good idea, i guesse

nono

they are just different things. just like a capacitor is not better or worse than a resistor. some applications will need a regular transistor and others will need a mosfet.

if I where you I would worry less about what things do, and more about what you want them to do. think of a cool project you would like to build and set about doing it. using any transistor to make a led blink is a fairly pointless exercise anyway. I dont know a whole lot about electronics either, but I have learned how to use a transistor becouse I needed a transistor.... as long as you dont need it, dont worry about it.

p.

so i will just keep it up the transistors later, and start my new and first project (a PING))) sensor that will make like a piano sound each time we put our hand in front of the sensor) :sweat_smile:
so lets say bye bye this post for the moment :smiley:

Why are we all talking about a "mosphet", have they changed the rules of spelling without telling me. I imagine a google search for a mosphet will show nothing useful so how about looking for a MOSFET standing for Metal Oxide Field Effect Transistor. This is different from the original junction transistors just called transistors or to give them their new Sunday name bipolar transistors.

Fkeel
I am dyslexic and so I am very grateful to modern day spell checkers, they are not infallible but they do cut down on the number of miss spellings. So why do people who are not dyslexic not use them. I assume it is just becouse.

Bye Bye post .........

haha, yes. so am I, grumpy mike. I figure its becouse most of the time I assume that people will understand me... and I am lazy.

I just relized the mosphet/mosfet thing though while reading another post and came back to correct it.

I figure its becouse most of the time I assume that people will understand me

Trouble was for me that for all of my school life this condition was not recognised by the educational establishment so I just got labeled as being thick. When I started as a University Professor this got changed to being dyslexic, I think it was something to do with the salary. I was once asked to give advice to dyslexic students and my best advice was "don't play scrabble for money".