Strange error

WizenedEE:

[quote author=webpage linked]The remedy is simple – provide a directory specification to the file to include. In this example, to include the “Bounce.h” file, we specify the relative file path this way:

#include "../Bounce/Bounce.h"
That is the relative path in Linux. In Windows, you may need to use backslashes (‘\’) instead. The ‘../’ indicates the parent directory of the current one which is “MyLibrary”. If we followed the path specifier, we go up one directory, which puts us in the library directory, and then down into the Bounce directory. Lastly, we then specify the filename to include.

Please don't do any of this. A simple "#include <Bounce.h>" or "#include "Bounce.h"" will work fine once you put the same include in the sketch, and it's possible ../Bounce/Bounce.h won't work since there's two possible places to put libraries. Also, forward slashes work in paths on windows as well, but don't on unix.

Once you've done that, please post compilable code (so the library plus a sketch) so we can get the same error and mess with it a little to try to debug it. Also post for what board you are compiling, because I think I've seen something like this error before and it depends on the board.[/quote]OK. Changed. I modified the original post to reflect your suggestions and added the do-nothing sketch. The error persists.

Compiling for the Arduino Mega 2560.