NEW PRODUCT - The EtherDue

We've just launched our latest Ethernet-enabled Arduino Due-compatible board - the EtherDue :slight_smile:
For more information please visit:

looks like a nice board for specific projects

does the I2C work properly on the EtherDue? (IIRC the Due has some I2C problems)

We've stayed true to the Due design so the EtherDue has the 1k5 pull-ups, however considering options for the next revision.

Interesting concep, but I don't understand the price. I just purchased the DigiX. The DigiX has a 32-bit 84 MHz MCU, embedded low power Wi-Fi (b/g/n), mesh networking support, 99 usable i/o pins, audio output, USB on the go support, onboard EEPROM, on-board microSD slot, built in real time clock, and is 100% compatible with anything that works with the Arduino Due - no adapters, code changes, or special software needed!

I paid $69.95 for the DigiX. What makes the EtherDue so expensive at $119?

Does anyone know of a UK (or maybe EU) supplier for EtherDue?

Coolcomponents don't seem to stock it, and RobotShop | Boutique de Robots | Pièces de Robots | Robots en Kits | Robots Jouets appears to be out of stock.

bobcousins:
Does anyone know of a UK (or maybe EU) supplier for EtherDue?

Coolcomponents don't seem to stock it, and RobotShop | Boutique de Robots | Pièces de Robots | Robots en Kits | Robots Jouets appears to be out of stock.

They should be able to order it for you, or lipoly.de - or order it directly from EtherDue (100% Arduino Due compatible with onboard Ethernet) | Freetronics

Ok, I just noticed robotshop/eu are expecting stock next week, so I'll hang on til then.

I am hoping that EtherDue will make a good platform for 3D printing :slight_smile:

My Mega/Due/EtherMega Screwshield will also drop right on the and EtherDue for making secure connections with your 3D printer.
Available as a kit or assembled.
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/

That looks like a proper job!

However, I have the printer shield (RAMPS-FD), I need the motherboard. :slight_smile:

?? This card sits on top of the etherdue, it just provides a secure way to connect vs wires sticking in the female headers. The headers are still available for other shields, like the printer shield.

I'm sorry, but I think you have missed the point! My printer shield already has connectors, your card is not needed.

This thread relates to an Arduino Due compatible board with ethernet connection, which is what I am looking for.

Ah, I did indeed. Yes, the etherdue could be good for that 8)