Interfacing Arduino with an original Xbox console

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did a search and could not find any info on what I am looking for.

I am trying to connect other controllers to the Original Xbox as a personal project, I am very new to Arduino and electronics in general but I figured this would be a good place to start.

I know that you can connect the game pad to the Arduino and control servos and such, but I am looking for a sketch or a library to connect an Arduino to the original Xbox console. Does anyone know if something like that already exists, or point me in the right direction as to where to start?

Thanks

what do you want the arduino to do exactly?
you can connect an aruino to anything really it just depends what you want to do

Hay shantic,

So you wan't to connect other controllers to the arduino and the arduino to the xbox, like a signal converter ?

The origanal xbox uses basic usb for its controllers, so i guess it should be possible but it all depends on what controllers you are wanting to connect as different game systems use different signals. i connected my ps2 controllers to my raspberry pi through the gpio connectors and made it work, thankfully the drivers already existed but there was still issues getting the system to detect the controllers. so what i guess im saying is do some research on what controller you are trying to interface with the xbox, see what signals it needs to work etc. then post more details on what exactly you are trying to do, aka (plz help im trying to use my arduino to convert the signals from my gamecube controller so it works with my original xbox, include any pinouts or any other info that you think might help.

I did this before. I connected the controller to the PC and made sure it worked. Then I create a program in visual basic that read the values from the controller use this: XNA Game Studio 4.0 Refresh | Microsoft Learn. Then make it send stuff through the arduino with the serial port. Pretty easy I don't have the code anymore though and I am not sure if your controller works with PC.

@shantic
It sounds like you are trying to use the Arduino as an Original Xbox Controller Encoder.
I am interested in the same thing and can't seem to find anything else related to this.

I hope the following doesn't sound like a highjacking...

My intention is to use arcade joysticks and buttons to make an arcade control panel for the Original Xbox on the cheap.

I hope the interweb finds this well and can help provide a solution.

Thank You in Advance.

shinguki:
@shantic
It sounds like you are trying to use the Arduino as an Original Xbox Controller Encoder.
I am interested in the same thing and can't seem to find anything else related to this.

I hope the following doesn't sound like a highjacking...

My intention is to use arcade joysticks and buttons to make an arcade control panel for the Original Xbox on the cheap.

I hope the interweb finds this well and can help provide a solution.

Thank You in Advance.

This project might be helpful: GitHub - bootsector/XBOXPadMicro: Turn your Arduino Micro into an XBOX Classic joystick!

bootsector. This is brilliant. I haven't had time to test this. But once I do, we're should I post my results?
Thanks for your effort put into this.
-Ben

shinguki:
bootsector. This is brilliant. I haven't had time to test this. But once I do, we're should I post my results?
Thanks for your effort put into this.
-Ben

Awesome! I'm in need of testers while my boards don't arrive! If there's not a problem, I can start watching this thread for giving support whenever you guys need!

Hi there. Just discovered this post after looking around for a solution. I'm attempting to do something similar (I believe) and am looking for some guidance.

I'm trying to interface an original xbox controller to an arduino, remap the sticks (and or buttons) and output to an original xbox console.

I have a pdf detailing how to rewire one of the controllers with swapped sticks, but I would really like to do this in software using the arduino and not have to modify a controller.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I have no idea if it is possible but this is a place to start reading from an Xbox controller.

https://www.circuitsathome.com/arduino_usb_host_shield_projects/

This was mentioned in #6 to sending to an Xbox console.