A New Zealand Group -- Join or Mentor?

My teenage boys and I are just getting started with Arduino (they've done a bit of VEX) and are interested in joining up with other Kiwi Arduino users. We may even start our own group (we're north of Auckland). Anyone interested in connecting or being available as an occasional mentor (we're going to try to recruit some other kids)?

Thanks!

KiwiKay:
My teenage boys and I are just getting started with Arduino (they've done a bit of VEX) and are interested in joining up with other Kiwi Arduino users. We may even start our own group (we're north of Auckland). Anyone interested in connecting or being available as an occasional mentor (we're going to try to recruit some other kids)?

Thanks!

You might want to touch base with Brynn at www.devmobile.co.nz -- he's down in Christchurch, but he's very active in bringing Arduino/electronics/robotics education to school age kids in his area, and he may know some people closer to you that you could link up with.

Check out his blog! http://blog.devmobile.co.nz/ Some cool projects (including using some of my boards, which is how I got to meet him. Really nice guy. Tell him "hello" from Pico at embeddedcoolness.com :slight_smile:

Help! I'm very new to Arduino and trying to write code to turn on a green LED as car enters garage and interrupts an infrared beam and when it is safe to lower the door a red LED comes on.
I'm using 'f' statement but not getting very far. Can someone PLEASE HELP!
David38

dk.cm@netaccess.co.nz

Hi David38,
The built-in examples page: #5 Control Structures should help you out with the if logic.
I assume you can use one of the basic turn led on examples inside an if statement, providing you can find a library to read the input from an infrared beam widget. Have you got an arduino compatible infrared beam and a library?
If you post the code you have so far, it might be easier to get some assistance.
It might be tricky to manage the two leds as a starter, I'd suggest starting with a single led.
My thoughts.

Maybe look at this example too. It has example code.

https://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/InfraredBeamPair