will you take the red pill ?

bringing happiness in this is really interesting , since some philosophical branches tend to describe us humans as enslaved souls or a form of an enslaved consciousness , since we are continuously seeking joy and euphoria and fearing pain . some describe us as horses that are running to get food in return and for them not to get whipped .
So the non-controllable part of hour brain is just making sure we do our job in reproduction and getting him to survive long enough ... some scientists even speculate that us (the consciousness) only exist for the need of tactical thinking and that we are the manifestation of the complicated calculations or thinking process ... so in other words we are just making sure the genes get to the next generation ... i personally don't favor this perspective ... instead i like the philosophy of religions which states that the human consciousness represents the actual human identity that get's entitled to a physical driving body that has some wild desires ... the consciousness is then judged by how well it can tame the wild physical manifestation .. so it's in some sort the opposite of what's first stated ....

I like bread.

Qdeathstar:
I like bread.

good for you , i like croissants .

I am not exactly sure what the definition of happiness is.

Fun can be had with a chemicaly induced uphoria, unfortunatley i will have to wait to experiment until my
'Mentor' gets out. :slight_smile:

amine2:
instead i like the philosophy of religions which states that the human consciousness ...

Religions were created by people for the benefit of the people that created them. Religious philosophy is just the Religion's marketing dept and has no greater validity than Nestle's marketing spiel.

...R

amine2:
good for you , i like croissants .

isn't that basically bread?

I am an Athiest, but it is stupid to ignore the benefits of religion. Men will fight over anything, religion is just something to fight over, it's not the cause of the fight.

Qdeathstar:
religion is just something to fight over, it's not the cause of the fight.

That may be true.

But religious people specifically set themselves up to tell the rest of us how to behave and I expect anyone who does that to have to account for himself or herself to a much higher standard than an ordinary sinner.

For example one of the christian commandments is "thou shalt not kill" - but the bishops have no problem blessing the army and navy. Talk about hypochrisy.

Nobody would not condone a qualified doctor if he decided to spread infections.

...R

Boardburner2:
I am not exactly sure what the definition of happiness is.

happy
happiness

Isn't Bhutan supposed to be the happiest country in the world?

Tom... :slight_smile:

We have GDP they actually have GNH , Gross national happiness.

TomGeorge:
the happiest country in the world?

japan: barracuda, sushi && pokemon-girls

Excellent juxting!

yo, at the club last night

ChrisTenone:
Excellent juxting!

???????

Posing nude for your grandma ??

Heh. Posing for sure.

oh, the man in green among the pretty Japanese student-girls is Boyakki, the mad scientist of the Drombo band, while the girl in fishnet stockings and dark corset is ... Miss Dronio (sexy, ain't it?), the fantasy-naif scene is captured from Yattaman, directed by Takashi Miike, Tatsunoko production, Tonzula, the stronger man of the band, is not pictured but he's in the movie, a movie which reloads us back to our childhood, where were children and Yattaman was our best cartoon.

dally:
oh, the man in green among the pretty Japanese student-girls is Boyakki, the mad scientist of the Drombo band, while the girl in fishnet stockings and dark corset is ... Miss Dronio (sexy, ain't it?), the fantasy-naif scene is captured from Yattaman, directed by Takashi Miike, Tatsunoko production, Tonzula, the stronger man of the band, is not pictured but he's in the movie, a movie which reloads us back to our childhood, where were children and Yattaman was our best cartoon.

it seems you are not as shallow as i thought you were .

amine2:
it seems you are not as shallow as i thought you were .

dude, frankly, who cares? I don't want your sympathy
you still have to understand what Bar Sport means …
therefore, I still consider you as the most boring person

Someone must have had more than one of those pills :slight_smile:

...R