Go Down

Topic: Need help on creating a robot (Read 260 times) previous topic - next topic

syafiqkemz

Hi i'm pretty much new to all of this and my company manager has tasked me to create a Robot that moves from point to point and it has to also sprinkle some kind of water like some sort of 'garden sprinkler' . I don't really know where to start or what components to use but I have made my research and found this , https://makezine.com/projects/my-robot-makey/ . Can i somehow create a robot with the project Mikey and combine it together with some sort of sprinkler ? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

PaulS

I don't really know where to start
Start by telling your boss to provide some implementable requirements and some training.

create a Robot that moves from point to point
How is the robot going to know where it is? How is it going to know where to go? How is it going to know when it is there? "Create a robot that moves from point to point" sounds good, but is nothing but a bunch of hot air. Even something as simple as "starting wherever I set the robot down, move 10 feet in the direction it is facing, turn 90 degrees, travel 10 feet, and repeat 2 more times, so you end up where you started" is NOT going to be trivial to implement. How will you know that you have traveled 10 feet? How will you know that you did that in a straight line? How will you turn? How will you turn exactly 90 degrees? How will you know that you have turned enough?

While you could build that robot, and add a water source, a pump, and some means to turn the pump on and off, the robot will not go around watering all the plants in the office without a whole lot more sensors, and infrastructure in the office.

Tell your boss to quit pulling your leg.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

syafiqkemz

Jan 09, 2018, 01:59 pm Last Edit: Jan 09, 2018, 02:10 pm by syafiqkemz
I see , it is actually more complex then I thought . The robot is not meant to water the plant though , it just shoots out some sort of bacteria cleaner all around the office. So is there anywhere I can learn this type of stuff ? Cause if not I'm gonna fail my internship so hard. He just wants the component and the cost to create this robot. Im actually an Audio visual student but got posted to this Electronics company so its really hard for me here.

PaulS

The robot is not meant to water the plant though , it just shoots out some sort of bacteria cleaner all around the office.
So, what you need to design is a pump and nozzle, and attach them to a roomba. It doesn't seem to matter where the robot goes as long as it moves around aimlessly. Well, that's what a roomba does.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

peterultraman

You can start with something like this, a self driven arduino car using sensors to drive around. Parts can be easily bought off Amazon or ebay for not too expensive as a kit, as for the water sprinkling part sorry you may have to ask others or do some research. https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/obstacle-avoidance-robot-car-arduino

Go Up