Servo problem

Hi!

I'm using a brand new rc servo (Turnigy-5180MG) and it is working almost fine (sometimes overrotating, then goes back or forth a half or full circle, but i can control it on the whole 180°section) when i'm powering it from the arduino.
But when I change the power wire to one, that comes from a 5V voltage regulator that gets power from a 9V battery, the servo just rotating over and over....
there is no phisycal blockage in it.
The ground is common. The voltage coming from the regulator is 5 volts. I don't even have a clue, what is wrong.
Please help.

Attila

Read the "How to use this forum - please read." at the top of the post. Post your code in code tags. A smoke detector 9v battery is really not adequate for powering servos. Below is a basic wiring setup for a servo.

This is the same question, http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,152501.msg1145977.html

zoomkat:
Read the "How to use this forum - please read." at the top of the post. Post your code in code tags. A smoke detector 9v battery is really not adequate for powering servos. Below is a basic wiring setup for a servo.

I didn't post code, because I'm sure my code is is right (it's working from arduino, and I'd tried with your servo test code too :slight_smile: ).
By the way, you were right with the battery. I've just hooked the servo to a 11.1v 5000mAh, 20C battery through a 7806 6V 1A regulator and two capacitors paralell, and it's working like a dream, so thank you for the help.

Erdin:
This is the same question, Powering servo from Arduino Pro Mini 5v - #9 by system - IDE 1.x - Arduino Forum

No, it's not exactly. I don't want the the arduino to power my servo.

I've just hooked the servo to a 11.1v 5000mAh, 20C battery through a 7806 6V 1A regulator and two capacitors paralell, and it's working like a dream, so thank you for the help.

Check on ebay for a UBEC voltage regulator. They are inexpensuve and much more efficient than the 7806 if you want the longest battery life.

Hey zoomkat, you and I must be getting tired of making the same suggestion on every servo thread: "Has it got its own power supply? If so, it should..."

zoomkat:

I've just hooked the servo to a 11.1v 5000mAh, 20C battery through a 7806 6V 1A regulator and two capacitors paralell, and it's working like a dream, so thank you for the help.

Check on ebay for a UBEC voltage regulator. They are inexpensuve and much more efficient than the 7806 if you want the longest battery life.

Okay, thank you. I'm thinking on buying on or two, but a more compact ic-type design would be better for now. Is a switching mode voltage regulator IC like LM 2576 as good as an ubec? Maybe I'll just use the servos on 5V with the integrated bec in the esc.