>Working, with library!< Interfacing ADS1213 22-bit ADC

I realize this is an old thread at this point and I hope some are still following it as I have a question about interfacing with an ADS1211. After reading through several posts including this one, I am trying to use the library Murdock posted on Apr 19, 2011 (ADS1213) to log data from a geophone. I've read through the spec sheet for the ADS1211 several times and think I have a beginners handle on how it works.

I followed the wiring diagram from the first post on this thread, including using the arduino's internal timer but all I get out is a bunch of 0's. I also tried to follow nadabro's post (Arduino Forum) as he is working with the same sensors and ADC. Is there anyhting that I might be missing? I would like to use the internal clock instead of an external crystal if possible but if that is my problem please let me know.

I'm sure you need more information to help me so please let me know what you need. Right now my code is the example code for switching channels in the library (I like to start with the examples until I understand them enough to change them for my needs). Thanks for any help you can provide.