Language in International

Its a nice thing to be able to talk with friends in my area.
However, speaking native languages in open source doesnt turn me on...
I would like to read and write in some threads, but I cant write in german or italian.
Is it possible to hope for everything in english?

Most of the posts are in English. The language specific forums get nowhere near the posts that the English forums get. They are provided for those that do not read/write/speak English (or whose choose not to).

Demanding (or even requesting) that everything be in English, for a product that is officially Italian, and enjoys world-wide use, seems unreasonable to me.

Ok.
But still:
I tested http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=recent;display=25 and 6 out of 25 posts was nonEnglish at the moment.
And is is likely you create code on an Arduino and cant read English?

Maybe it was just one of my odd dreams. I will happily continue on this forum.

um yea, the forum contains sections for different languages, when you do a global (read site wide) search it will bring up topics from these other area's

And is is likely you create code on an Arduino and cant read English?

um yea its code, not Shakespeare, often times you will find the ONLY parts that you can read in "non English" code are the predefined items and math

Hello

As of tonight all the English language boards will be deleted and only the Italian forum will be kept.

The website and playground? all italian ;D

I'm tired of having to use some foreign language to communicate with other people.

I expect the whole world to switch to Italian by tomorrow

If you don't like it well tough luck

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink: 8) P)

Lol well put ;D.

If I turn the discussion to be a little more political, leaving irony aside. As a Spaniard I try to do my best in English, but there is a lot of people out there that don't even come to our website threatened by the language.

As open source developer my main obsession is not Software or Coding in English, but documentation in Spanish. And I think it should be for others in my position. The older I grow, the more I understand this need, the more people I meet that need this.

So, I will do whatever is in my powers to make Arduino available to Spanish speakers. Of course, if we discover something fabulous, there will be someone in the community making an effort to translate it to English, that's for sure.

/d

As someone who happens to get labeled English teacher by our South Korean employees, I can fully understand that not everyone is fully versed in the English language, Just as I am not fully versed on Korean

but when it comes to it, when we need to we get the thought across just fine due to the environment we work in

same applies to code

you can look at a sketch where the variable names may be in a foreign language to you, but you can still understand what is happening

having native language forums helps those who may not be expressive in English ask questions and get results, and really its most of the same questions

just kinda makes me feel bad cause I do not understand the question, but may already have an answer... but you cant help everyone I guess :-[

Personally I wish I knew a foreign language or two, but the little french I took in high school just didn't stick.

Any possibility of adding some kind of "google translator" button or something to all of the forums? I was just looking wistfully at the international area and thinking to myself "I bet there are some interesting projects going on in there that I haven't a chance of understanding simply because I don't speak the language".

Then again, maybe everything worthwhile is on the english boards anyhow?

Still, I tend to wonder if there isn't a secret Ronja project equivalent occuring in there...

;D