Posting timed out too soon

I was writing a long reply, two pages long and I got distracted by my students with their opamp circuits. Apparently ether should conduct where a wire goes missing and psychic power turns on instruments when needed :slight_smile:

Then the damn post thing timed out and I lost my two pages. Very nice Mr. script, very nice!

You know, you'd be better writing long posts in notepad (other text editors are available) and copying it into here.

CowJam:
You know, you'd be better writing long posts in notepad (other text editors are available) and copying it into here.

Perhaps this is missing the point.

Yes - I know what you mean but I would agree that a timeout seems a bit mean. No doubt default though.

Then the damn post thing timed out and I lost my two pages

How very odd. I've left a post window open for hours without any problems.

I don't know why. I used IE8. It displayed the thing timed out. I spent some time typing and found myself typed too much so next time I'm serious about something I'll use a notepad. Students are distracting ]:slight_smile:

Noooooooooooooooooo! It just happened to me, too! That is aggravating. Maybe it is an IE8 issue. Usually I use a different computer running IE7.

I haven't had the timeout problem but often get submits and previews that don't work so I've got into the habit of doing a ^A ^C regularly and ALWAYS before submit or preview in case things go belly up.

I should say though that this is not perculiar to this forum, I do the same everywhere, probably my interweb link, but still good practice I think. I sometimes also use notepad for long posts.

Rob

I use wordpress for blogging. They save your work every few minutes. Would be a nice feature to request for arduino forum.