Go Down

Topic: Cheap Arduino alternatives for basic projects. (Read 4656 times) previous topic - next topic

Izaking

Hi y'all,

after working a with my new Genuino for a while now, I came up with a few projects that I'd want to utilize it for.

My problem is, that these projects aren't of rocket science complexity (merely turning on LEDs and servos after a sequence of button presses).  I don't want to spend $20 on a new Arduino for every such project, and therefore come to ask: does anyone know (and maybe have practical experience with) of a third party Arduino based board, capable of doing those functions mentioned above, can be programmed through the Arduino IDE, at a reasonable enough price (my wishful target is $5, but $10 will do too)? 

ballscrewbob

A batch of 5 Arduino micro clones comes in at around $5 CDN or a batch of ATINY 85 comes in under that even !

For around the $10 mark you could have as many as 10 boards.
Let EBAY be your friend...
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

pert

I often find the best prices on Aliexpress. I also find terrible customer service, slowest shipping, and a really poorly designed website there so lately I've been back to usually spending a bit more on eBay. Sometimes the eBay prices are actually lower than Aliexpress. If you're looking for the absolute lowest price it might be worth shopping around a bit.

Izaking

Thank you for the answers.  I found that a standalone microcontroller like the Atmega328 will do just the job.

Go Up