DUE shield Eagle file

I've created an Eagle library file for the DUE to make it easier to create shields/prototyping boards.

I thought I would share it with you nice people :slight_smile:

I can't work out how to delete the extra "Package" of a MEGA shield but will sort it and upload another later.

Thanks to MMCPIX for original Mega shield.

DUElib130425.lbr (166 KB)

FYI, the header with pins 8, 9, 10 etc. needs to be at the weird 'mistake' position, not on the 0.05" grid. You can get the correct positions from the Eagle files for Uno etc.

Also worth considering adding bRestrict pads so that the autorouter doesn't try to route a pad to the bottom side of a Due connector pin - you can't solder those because the connector body is in the way. I've also found it useful to add vRestrict areas to prevent Eagle from putting vias too close the connectors (but that's because I have to use pins for vias).

Hope that helps...

Thanks, I will look at all that.....

Just checked and the header 8-SCL1 lines up against my DUE.... This shield started life as my MEGA shield which I've made boards from and that lined up........ Or am I missing something.

New version with better labels for debug header and shaping around the new pins that don't appear on the header. Still looking at the bit about bRestrict pads.

I just had a look at the reference Eagle files and pin 8 seems to be 0.160" from pin 7. I suppose the extra 0.01" isn't enough to cause a problem.

gutbag:
Also worth considering adding bRestrict pads so that the autorouter doesn't try to route a pad to the bottom side of a Due connector pin - you can't solder those because the connector body is in the way. I've also found it useful to add vRestrict areas to prevent Eagle from putting vias too close the connectors (but that's because I have to use pins for vias).

I've added a 2nd library with the restrict areas added.

I've sussed out how to delete the spurious MEGA shield and merged the two DUE shields into one file. New version uploading now.....

Hi and thanks first of all for the library.
As far as I can see the +5V and die GND of the SPI header should be switched. This caused a short in my first pcb :slight_smile:
Thanks anyways

Yet, he's right, the 5V and GND pins need to be switched on the ICSP.

Sorry about that chaps :smiley:

I've fixed it now (hopefully).

Standby..... Just fixing it again!!

I really have fixed it now :slight_smile:

Hey Cowasaki,

Can you send me you're updated library?
It looks really good!

I would like a copy of the latest library as well!

Hello cowasaki,

Thank you for the Due footprint Eagles. I just noticed that in the SPI (2x3 ICSP) holes, the drill size should be 0.032 instead of 0.02755906. Regards,

p

Could we remove the pins which we dont need, for ex i am trying to build a CAN shield and dont need the programming ports and many other ports.

Thanks
Nandish

Can anyone that has used this library tell me what the different is between the two devices? Normal vs Bottom Only?? When I load them into OSHPark.com, they both look the same to me....but I must be missing something.

tboutain:
Can anyone that has used this library tell me what the different is between the two devices? Normal vs Bottom Only?? When I load them into OSHPark.com, they both look the same to me....but I must be missing something.

Try turning the bottom and top tracks on and off, you will see the difference. If you are making double sided boards yourself you are effectively making two single sided boards and have to join the top and bottom using via pins or similar. If you are soldering manually you only need the bottom and by not having the "holes" on the top you can feed one or two tracks through the gap.

Palliser:
Hello cowasaki,

Thank you for the Due footprint Eagles. I just noticed that in the SPI (2x3 ICSP) holes, the drill size should be 0.032 instead of 0.02755906. Regards,

p

Sorry my Eagle licence has run out and I'm using KiCAD now. I'm not sure if I can actually change it now.